Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway (ZR-1) Headers f/s

*89x2*

Wow, these are not avail. anymore :eek

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZR-1...020QQitemZ300252322756QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
ab8a_1.JPG

Is it only me, but don`t these look lot better in a design point of view?
View attachment 17616

That was never the point of the Callaway headers - they are the only ones to leave catalytic converters in place. That is a big deal in many places :w

Guys,
Would these fit my 90 CR1? ;shrug
I don't own a Callaway, so take however you want. Presumably those headers are made from the '93-95 LT5 manifolds. They will fit any LT5 from 1990-1995. However, the '93+ had removable cats, whereas the '90-92 cats are one-piece with the manifold.

So they should fit fine. However, you'd need to buy some cats from a '93-95, or buy new ones if they are still available from GM. I imagine they will bolt up to the stock '90 exhaust with no issues, but I am not 100% on that.

Thanks,
I was always wondering what the difference was. I'll have to research for the availability of the cats.

I don't own a Callaway, so take however you want. Presumably those headers are made from the '93-95 LT5 manifolds. They will fit any LT5 from 1990-1995. However, the '93+ had removable cats, whereas the '90-92 cats are one-piece with the manifold.

So they should fit fine. However, you'd need to buy some cats from a '93-95, or buy new ones if they are still available from GM. I imagine they will bolt up to the stock '90 exhaust with no issues, but I am not 100% on that.

Again just FYI, but I have to wonder how much they gain over a normal set of '93+ manifolds. The '90-92s, Callaway eliminates that stupid pinch that came from the factory. But the '93+ manifolds didn't have that problem.

The cost of these plus the cost of factory cats (maybe you can get a deal used though, but I can't say used cats would give me a warm-fuzzy) plus the hassle of swapping them, man it hardly seems worth it. I mean, these cars aren't known for their bang-for-the-buck, that's for sure. But this really seems bad from that standpoint. Just my two cents though...

We'll I found these cats (http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Chevrolet/Corvette/Exhaust/Catalytic_Converters)
and was wondering if these are the correct cat's to use with those headers.The seem to have the flange in the picture but also a left and right cat. I don't know what the difference is between the stock 93-95 cat and those headers, I haven't seen a photo to compare the difference. I have seen a picture of the stock 90-92's with the "pinch". Yes, I could buy long tubes from Stainless Works, but I'm thinking about it because of the fact it was a Callaway option item inpeticular.
Thanks for the feed back.

Again just FYI, but I have to wonder how much they gain over a normal set of '93+ manifolds. The '90-92s, Callaway eliminates that stupid pinch that came from the factory. But the '93+ manifolds didn't have that problem.

The cost of these plus the cost of factory cats (maybe you can get a deal used though, but I can't say used cats would give me a warm-fuzzy) plus the hassle of swapping them, man it hardly seems worth it. I mean, these cars aren't known for their bang-for-the-buck, that's for sure. But this really seems bad from that standpoint. Just my two cents though...

I made the guy an offer and he took it. Since my 90 has the pinch and I have to run cats in MA. also since it was a Callaway option I thought it was worth it. Althought I'll have to see what the flange bolt pattern looks like to see what the correct cats should be as they are not the stock 93-95 cats. It requires a cat that has a input/flanged side of the cat that is horizontal with the body and output tube of the cat much like the 89-90 L98 style converters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom