Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Calling all C-3 T-Top Owners

Corvette
1975 Pearl White Stingray, 4 Speed, T-Top
I have a 75 which has very little room behind the seats for anything. The hubby and I are going to the coast this weekend, and I am worried about scratching my tops. I tried to get a T-top suitcase from Ecklers Fed-Ex'd today, but since they do not keep them in stock, it is not possible.

Anybody have any good suggestions for a quick remedy? I don't want to leave them completely off all night as we will be at the north coast of California and there will be lots of moisture overnight. In the past I have put a blanket in between and stacked them, but I really don't want to do that again for fear of scratches.

Thanks for your help!

Trix

T-top covers are the way to go. The tops slide right in and then velcro shut. I simply place mine in the space behind the seats and away I go. But, without them., just wrap them tightly in seperate blankets and secure around them with bungee cords. Should work fine... Good luck... Hoss

Have to agree with 77vette Blanket and bungee cords will be o.k. just be sure you place the hooked ends on the bottom of the t-tops and not on the top of the t-tops. If you pack anything on top it may push the steel hooks into the fiberglass, also make sure you get a long enough bungee (they come in various sizes) to fit around both tops so you don't have to double up. First chance you get order a set of t-top covers from any of the vette catalogs, It's a good investment and a lot less hastle then Blankets and bungee cords. Have fun on your cruise to the coast. :cool :cool
Joe V.

The above suggestions will work just fine, make sure the blanket is a nice soft one, a couple thick towels would even work. If you really have to have the suitcase I can dig up the info when I get home from work in the morning, I might have the company name that makes them....I don't know why Ecklers couldn't have one drop shipped by calling them up.

Do you know anyone that can sew?If so, just go to the fabric store and get some heavy cotton duck or padded vinyl and some velcro and there you be.

Mid-America sells the same item for $99. I have the suitcase and it rocks! It's not on their website, but if you call them tell 'em it's on the back page of their '63-'82 catalog!

http://www.madvette.com

Here's who makes the t-top suitcase, or at least did, this is what info I got with mine a few years ago. With all of the area code changes lately you might want to check if this is the correct phone listing with information first.

Street Enterprises
401 Iola Ave.
Lubbock, TX. 79416
806-799-7016

Trixie,

I'm not being sexist here, but two T-Tops and the suitcase maybe a little too heavy.

I'm sure you can pick it up, but remember you have to get it into your baby without hurting her or your back.

The T-Top bags do very well protecting the tops and you only have to handle one at a time.

Bear in mind this is coming from a guy that can throw his back out with one good sneeze.:(

Rick

Mid America , madirect.com , offers a set of light weight black nylon t-tops. They fold down to only about 6 inchs long for storage. Great for giving you more storage room and you dont have to worie about scratching them. I have a set coming next week, Ill let you know how they work. I plan on using them most all of the time if they seal up well. They are $219 if I recall correctly.

Thank you all so much for all the suggestions and leads. When I went home last night I did check Mid America and they said they had them in stock and I am having it overnighted. This will be the first time I have ordered from them, so I hope the experience is a good one!

Trix :J

T-Tops on Trip

Trixie,

Please let me know how the folding T-Tops work out for your trip. We have sold these for nearly 20 years.

Hope you have an enjoyable & safe trip.

Steve Wiedman
Exec. Vice Pres. - Mid America Designs

I got my t top bags from Mid America and they came quickly and work great. I think they were about 39 bucks.
I just made another order from them today for some other items and would expect them to be here my next week. Mid America does a good job as far as I know.

Hi Steve,,,,say hello to uncle Max for me ( Just kidding,,I dont know Steve)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom