Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cam and heads

fredk

Corvette
1993 White
My AFR heads and ZZ9 cam and RR have just crossed the border. I have searched for a cam install in an LT1 but cannot located the thread that I read in the past. Any suggestions. I have been quoted $1500 as a winter project to do my install but I am tempted to try it myself. The last cam install was 32 years ago and I didn't line up the timing marks the first time.

As long as the garage is heated I would save the money and do it through the winter. It would seem to me you should be able to buy a book somewhere that shows you how to do it. My 84 does not have a LT1 so I cant help. Perhaps a google search would shed some light. I am sure it is posted somewhere on the net.

Yes, it works the same for the 92-93 models. The 95-96 changes a little because de diferent opti system, but the basics remains the same. Here is another link with more pics, it is for the LT1 Camaro but The engine work is the same. Look under the #s 6 & 7

http://shbox.com/1/how_tos.html

Great link, thanks for the info. I just picked up my new compressor today and my cam and RR's just arrived so in about 3 weeks I'll be ready to start. I have the Haynes and also a LT1 rebuild book by HP so I should be all set. If I get into trouble help is just a few keystrokes away. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Fred

I'll tell you something Fred..... It's a task that you are going to enjoy!!!

It's better to have two or three references at hand, I did have the Haynes too but some times it helps to have some extra info!!!

:w

I am waiting because I don't want to put my car away yet. Those 3.54 gears are sweeeeet she lights them up very easily. I was in Huatulco last Feb. are you close by ????

fredk said:
I am waiting because I don't want to put my car away yet. Those 3.54 gears are sweeeeet she lights them up very easily. I was in Huatulco last Feb. are you close by ????

I have the 3.54 in my Vette, and I really like the way they perform with my 389". It took me almost 6 months to do my Stroker all by myself in my garage but it was worth every minute spend on it!!!

About Huatulco... it's a Paradise! I went there about 10 years ago, but it's way down south from where I live. Guadalajara is a beautiful place to live, besides I'm 3 1/2 hours from Puerto Vallarta driving by a very nice twisting !Highway. A wonderful Vette trip!!!

:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom