Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Camaro Seat Belts in the C3

Those belts should work fine. You only need the rear belts (to the right in the ebay picture).

You have one mounting point on the rocker panel and a second point on the rear wheel hump behind the seat. The retractor bolts to the wheel hump, and the strap to the rocker panel.

Super, thanks I guess I was looking at the set on the left, which I would guess are for the front seat in the Camaro? Anyways I appreciate the clarification.

zwede said:
Those belts should work fine. You only need the rear belts (to the right in the ebay picture).

You have one mounting point on the rocker panel and a second point on the rear wheel hump behind the seat. The retractor bolts to the wheel hump, and the strap to the rocker panel.

zwede said:

I have a 71 coupe which has a sash guide built into the top of the seat. I must be thick--how do you thread the belt through the guide? For the record, I went to a Chevy dealer and they have brand new late model Camaro rear shoulder harnesses in a number of colors for around $80.

I've heard of some managing to get the Camaro belts through the seat guides, but not sure what was involved. I have C4 seats in mine so I put a guide on the sailpanel.

wrc3 said:
I have read conflicting information about this. Can anyone clear up what year Camaro seat belts will fit the C3 (specifically 1976)? I was looking at this pair on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935985081 but it does not look like the retractor would bolt straight in as it looks like it has two anchor mounts where as ours only have one.

B
If you have the belts for your car why don't you just get them restored. I just got a set redone by "snayke oyl" including new chrome for 180.00.

Kens 80 said:
If you have the belts for your car why don't you just get them restored. I just got a set redone by "snayke oyl" including new chrome for 180.00.
I was thinking about going that route, but they quoted me 240.00 for the pair. Was the 180.00 for both belts or just one side or what?

wrc3 said:
I was thinking about going that route, but they quoted me 240.00 for the pair. Was the 180.00 for both belts or just one side or what?
180.00 was for both main belts but not the buckle part(thats encased in a plastic cover anyway). It included new chrome plating on the latch and latch cover. I did not have them reinstall the tags as they were very dirty and nasty looking. If you send them the parts they send you a written estimate with a sample of the webbing before you commit to anything. My belts came back great! (Doeskin).

Kens 80 said:
180.00 was for both main belts but not the buckle part(thats encased in a plastic cover anyway). It included new chrome plating on the latch and latch cover. I did not have them reinstall the tags as they were very dirty and nasty looking. If you send them the parts they send you a written estimate with a sample of the webbing before you commit to anything. My belts came back great! (Doeskin).
Ya the 240.00 was for everything, so that's where the difference came in price I guess. I was worried about not doing the buckle, simply because of the age of the webbing. That original webbing is going on 30 years old now, so if I was going to redo them I was going to redo the whole thing. But, 240 is just too expensive, when there is a lot of non-original stuff already on my car.

Willis76 said:
Has anyone tried seat belts form these guys?

http://store.yahoo.net/wescoperformance/resebe.html

Just wondering if it may be another option for new seat belts for my 76. Like some of you, not sure how good these almost 30 yr old belts are any more.

Thanks

My main problem isn't so much condition but rather the original belts and shoulder harnesses are a pain in the a** to use and I don't think as effective as in a new car. I just bought a pair from Wesco of the convertible type @ $59.95 each. These don't come with the sash guides and I am told that the retractor will work mounted horizontally. I haven't installed them yet as I am trying to figure out how to get them threaded through my seat sash guides--the buckle is bigger than the opening. I talked to Wes (must be the wes in Wesco) and he had no bright ideas. I am going to try to take the end of the belts off the retractors, thread them and then reattach to the retractors. If your seats don't have built in sash guides this will not be an issue as you can just run them around the top of the seat as I have seen done with the Camaro belts. Wish me luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom