Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cold Hearted Sale of a C3!!!

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
Check this out! The owner passes away. The next day, his car is on ebay for sale and the sellers mention it and state that he is in a better place now! One of the pictures shows the plate number as "Her 79".

Chevrolet : Corvette: eBay Motors (item 300484227491 end time Oct-27-10 06:15:44 PDT)

Besides cold hearted, they can't sell the car if it's in the deceased name until probate anyway, right? And if she (Her 79) owns the car, I think it's really low to use his death to try to excite the sale.

Just thought this was in poor taste. :confused

Chuck M

Tacky, for sure - but not anything too awful. The deceased could have had no life insurance and the sale of the car would pay for a funeral. The ad states 'died last night 9-25-10' so it must have been relisted.
When my dad died last year, I got a paper from the funeral home to transfer 1 vehicle title, along with death certificates.

Yea, I agree. A little tacky. But doesn't look like they have had any bites either.

I would take that sentence out about the owner's death. It just doesn't belong there.

Teasing with a no reserve then having a starting bid at $8,000 does not work on ebay when the starting price is close to what the selling price will be.

Chuck M

I would take that sentence out about the owner's death. It just doesn't belong there.

Teasing with a no reserve then having a starting bid at $8,000 does not work on ebay when the starting price is close to what the selling price will be.

Chuck M
I agree Chuck. It's OK to sell the car to make ends meet especially if there is a wife and children that need to be taken care of but there really is no need for that in the post to try and sell the car. And the car may fetch at best $8K.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom