Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Can we have the Q8K (Machine Face Cup 427) added to the ZR1 Registry for 2013 ZR1s?

Z_WIZ

Corvette
2013 Nightrace Blue Metallic ZR1
I picked up my 2013 ZR1 last December. I've been waiting for the ZR1 Registry to be updated with the 2013 data. With the recent update, most of the data is correct. However, the data on the Machine Face Cup wheels needs to be broken out into two option codes (Q5V and Q8K). Production data from the plant indicates the Q8K code as the Machine Face Cup 427 wheel. The difference between the Q5V and the Q8K is the trim color. Q5V is silver while the Q8K is gray. I ordered the PDE option on my ZR1 with the machined face cup wheel. It was optioned with the Q8K wheel. I believe orders without the PDE option but with the machined face cup wheels are optioned with the Q5V wheel. Has anyone seen a vehicle with the PDE option and the Q5V wheel?

Last edited:
Q5V Numbers include Q8K wheels (needs correction)

I picked up my 2013 ZR1 last December. I've been waiting for the ZR1 Registry to be updated with the 2013 data. With the recent update, most of the data is correct. However, the data on the Machine Face Cup wheels needs to be broken out into two option codes (Q5V and Q8K). Production data from the plant indicates the Q8K code as the Machine Face Cup 427 wheel. The difference between the Q5V and the Q8K is the trim color. Q5V is silver while the Q8K is gray. I ordered the PDE option on my ZR1 with the machined face cup wheel. It was optioned with the Q8K wheel. I believe orders without the PDE option but with the machined face cup wheels are optioned with the Q5V wheel. Has anyone seen a vehicle with the PDE option and the Q5V wheel?

After reviewing the registry for the Q5V wheels for 2013 ZR1 models, 56 are registered but only 55 were built. This error is probably do to the inclusion of the Q8K wheel since you don't have a option to select the Q8K wheel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom