Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Car Cover

air1jpg

Corvette
1996 Polo Green LT1 Coupe
Anyone have any suggestions on the best outdoor car cover that could be had for about $200?

cover /

Have a look at cover-zone.com , to get the specs and info on the material ,then try to find a supplier stateside . I got one for my C4 ,the fabric is "Monsoon" ,it is an impermeable type as opposed to the multi-layer types , and the venting is by way of 4 little "elephant ear" flaps , and the fact that it balloons up when there's a modest wind blowing .There is a soft woven inner to it which has'nt caused any marking or scuffing to the paint , despite the wild billowing action the recent gales have induced . It is absolutely waterproof, but needs a periodic removal on dry days every week or so to let the condensation that can occur under still and freezing weather disperse . If there's any wind to speak of and the cover is flapping a bit , that's not necessary . It can inflate so that you can't tell what's under it ! Coverzone is a U.K. company ,as far as I know ,but you will likely find covers in this material closer to home , I think the Monsoon name is propietary , rather like the Kimberley-Clark "Evoluton" multi-layer materials offered by other suppliers. I can thoroughly recommend these , if you have no garage , it has kept my car in better shape than I'd dared to hope for . It costme about $150 . Oh , and it came in a nice storage holdall that would have many other uses ,too . Also , I leave the hood slightly raised with 2 pieces of styrofoam packing from the box my radio upgrade unit for my daily came in , which lets the air ciculate the engine room in a most satisfactory manner . Hope this helps .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom