Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Caravan from the south and west

I'll head out on US 24 to Limon and hook up to I-70 there. Plan on leaving my house sometime around 6:00 AM. Takes a little over an hour to get to Limon. Anyone that wants to, we could meet up at MacDonalds at the intersection of 24 and 70 around 7-7:30

Scott
Now that's a plan. I will meet you at the Limon's MacDonalds between 7 and 7:30am. Might even purchase a cup of coffee before we leave.
Barrett

My participation (or lack thereof) will solely depend on what happens with the employment situation between now and then...which right now is NONE!

On a positive note I just fired the 'ol beast up a while ago (after completing a cam swap).

My participation (or lack thereof) will solely depend on what happens with the employment situation between now and then...which right now is NONE!

On a positive note I just fired the 'ol beast up a while ago (after completing a cam swap).

That is so cool. I mean the "cam swap"! What cam? What does it sound? How does it run? Let us all know. After all, we all have inquiring minds!

Good Luck on the employment situation! :thumb

Aarrrrrgg

Did you ever have one of those days....... I will not be attending CruiseFest this year after all. Seems one of our installers/setup people is having personal issues with the rest of the crew and I will be in Aberdeen, MD, training a new person while the rest of you are having fun with Mike. I expect to see lots of pictures and some good Blender War stories from Andre.

The crew from the Southwest will have to make the journey across Kansas with out me. Watch your speed, they don't have a sense of humor at all.

Scott

As I count the numbers, with Scott dropping out, that leaves CoGeezer, Tom and myself crossing Kansas together before we hook up with others. I know Tom will be going to KC at a time dictated by Rosie's schedule. That leaves geezer and me to hook up at MacDonalds in Limon and cruising across Kansas. I will be stopping in KC to stay with my brother and Geezer will be going on to Columbia or staying over in the Lenexa Kansas area to join both Tom, my brother and me for the Thursday trip. The three of us can also meet CoGeezer in Columbia if he so wishes. Scott should retire so he can enjoy life. BTW Tom, are you retiring this year like you planned? I am about to celebrate 2 years of retirement.
Barrett

Well, it might be nice to see and hear from those who are still in or those that want in on this caravan. The wife and I were talking the other night and she was saying CruiseFest is only a a few weeks. It will be here before we know it.

:w Tom

Nanc and I are stilling leaving June 9th, first night out somewhere around Springfield. Then try to hook up with you guys at the first rest area East of St. Louis. I thought I read somewhere around 1:00 p.m. or so ??

We shouldn't have any problems getting there by then, but if not don't wait on us, and we'll see everyone either along the way or at Effingham ;) I think I sent you our TracPhone # if not let me know and get it to you PM

Bud
:w
:Steer

Bud, I did get your cell#. I sent mine to you didn't I? If not I'll PM you. That sounds like a plan!

Bud, I did get your cell#. I sent mine to you didn't I? If not I'll PM you. That sounds like a plan!

I got it ;) We Be Good :thumb

:Steer :CAC :bar

Bud​

Bud,

Is it just you and Nancy heading from Amarillo?

Today, I picked up Gail from the shop. Tomorrow, I'll install her bumper, air dam, and the grills / parking / side lights.

Monday (hopefully), I'll take her back to the shop at noon for her pin-stripes. She won't spend the night in the shop.

Tuesday, maybe I'll change her oil while waiting for the tranny.

Hopefully Wednesday, I'll receive her new Reptoid 200-4r from PATC (I'll tell you the story on what happened on my original plans to build her new tranny myself at CruiseFest or on the way there ;) ). I'll start removing her factory-matching tranny perhaps that night. Her 350C was rebuilt a few years ago, and runs very strong, but 14 miles per gallon has kept me shy from cruising her on a whim to California or other destinations. So I hope to put some miles on her again and drive her with a 20 mile per gallon rate or better. ;):D:thumb

Thursday, working still on her tranny swap. By the way L81'ers, the Bowtie Transmissions cross member includes the parking brake cable pulley bracket. It is already in my garage. I put a Bowtie one as well in the Acadian when I swapped his Power Glide with a 200-4r. :thumb

Friday, I am taking as vacation, and I'll keep plugging away on her tranny swap. Which means that it looks like I won't be meeting you guys on that run Memorial Day Weekend. I would love to go, but with a major inspection on the first week of June, I am afraid that I'll run-out-of-time, and have Gail not ready for the Cruise Fest. So, this way I make sure that she's ready for Cruise Fest VI. :upthumbs

Some time in the weekend, I'll install the 200-4r conversion shifter kit to accommodate the extra highway gear at the console.

My goal is to have her ready, so if you have no caravaner's leaving with you, I am willing to show-up to Amarillo on Tuesday and hit the road with you guys on Wednesday, June 9. :Twist:beer

What do you think? ;shrug

GerryLP:cool

p.s. The reason why the tranny swap is taking so long in the itinerary is that I am working full days while these days before Cruise Fest click by...:(

Bud,

Is it just you and Nancy heading from Amarillo?

What do you think? ;shrug

GerryLP:cool

p.s. The reason why the tranny swap is taking so long in the itinerary is that I am working full days while these days before Cruise Fest click by...:(

:w Gerry,
I sent a PM ;)
:Steer :CAC :bar :CAC
:w

Bud​

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom