Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Catalytic Converter Delete & Off Road Tube Instal ?

HammerDown

Corvette
1981 White/ Red int.
Hey people, for my 81 where would you suggest I purchase an 'off-road tube' that will be a proper fit?
Also, I believe some off-road tubes already have a bung welded in the side too, correct?
Emissions exempt here, well under 5000 miles per year and will only use it off-road :chuckle

PS also want to pull the air pump and related crapola. :thumb

Thanks for any suggestions.

Good Call

Hey people, for my 81 where would you suggest I purchase an 'off-road tube' that will be a proper fit?
Also, I believe some off-road tubes already have a bung welded in the side too, correct?
Emissions exempt here, well under 5000 miles per year and will only use it off-road :chuckle

PS also want to pull the air pump and related crapola. :thumb

Thanks for any suggestions.

Good call, that is the first thing I did when I got my 80' I was able to find a "test pipe" on ebay. I have not seen one since though. Since I have installed a dual exhaust kit from midamerica, I am not needing my test pipe anymore. It should fit your 81...be happy to sell it, it probably only has 1,000 miles on it. I have only added about 1500 miles in three years. Contact me back if you are interested. It made a HUGE difference in HP!!!

Tntruckguy

Good call, that is the first thing I did when I got my 80' I was able to find a "test pipe" on ebay. I have not seen one since though. Since I have installed a dual exhaust kit from midamerica, I am not needing my test pipe anymore. It should fit your 81...be happy to sell it, it probably only has 1,000 miles on it. I have only added about 1500 miles in three years. Contact me back if you are interested. It made a HUGE difference in HP!!!

Tntruckguy
Hmmm interesting > tell me, does your test pipe have the bung welded on the side like the OE converter? And I wonder (if) there is any difference from 80-81 C.Converters length/bolt patterm that is.
PM me your price.

Test pipe

The difference might be that my 80' did not have a sensor going to the cat. Your 81 might have that, if that is what you mean by a bung weld. Other than that the test pipe should fit. I will take pics this weekend and send to you.

TNTRUCKGUY

The difference might be that my 80' did not have a sensor going to the cat. Your 81 might have that, if that is what you mean by a bung weld. Other than that the test pipe should fit. I will take pics this weekend and send to you.

TNTRUCKGUY
99% sure mine does...I'll check it out Sunday.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom