Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Center console Arm rest Cushion ? Yes or No ?

A great item, I wanted one for years. I never got around to it. I went to Carlisle and ordered one from Al Knoch. I don't know how I lived without. It makes it so much more comfortable to put your arm down to relax while cruising. Well worth the money spent.

MUST HAVE

Absolutely, its a cheap must have! I added one to my 81 and LOVE it, had sseveral friends buy one as well after trying out mine.

first thing i bought after i bought my new 93 convert. felt it was a necessary "option" and was loads more comfortable on the elbow than the hard cased console. sold the car, still have the cushion, lol.

don't have one for the pace car, but since it is about to have the entire interior top to bottom replace, you can bet it will be one of the first things i add after i am done with all the work, even though the 78 brake cover is a lot softer than those of later years.

this thread is really making me miss my shark:(.

I'm sure you can find another!!!!
Go ahead you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you can find another!!!!
Go ahead you know you want to!!!!!!!!!!
I may want to, but my bank account seems to disagree:eyerole. Everytime I see one it makes me miss mine more, but then I throttle the LS1 a little and I feel a little better, but just a little.

i've got one of those too in brite blue color. wish i had one also for the driver door!

A padded drivers door armrest ? hmm.. interesting thought Wolfit1 .

Tom

And thank you to everyone for their input on this thread :upthumbs .

Tom

Well my armrest has arrived !! :D It looks great ( a little lighter shade of red than I thought).. so anyway now I have to install it ! Any thoughts on what tools etc.. I will need ? :L

Tom

Thanks R and R's !

Metric, eh ? Should I buy a left handed or righthanded one ? Duct tape works for everything.. I keep forgetting that !

I guess I should put the staple gun away ?

Thanks for the information !! :)

Tom:w

Thanks R and R's !

Metric, eh ? Should I buy a left handed or righthanded one ? Duct tape works for everything.. I keep forgetting that !

I guess I should put the staple gun away ?

Thanks for the information !! :)

Tom:w

I guess that would depend if you install from the drivers side or the passengers side ;) ;LOL

Bud

Wait a minute !.. I think I may have found another manner of installation for this..If you take the T part toward the back of the car and wedge it between the seats it seems to firmly install !

I think I will see how that works for awhile. If it does not do the job then I am off to NAPA to ask for the wrench.

It appears I will need a right handed one as my wife parked her car a little too close to my drivers side door this evening (Good point , Bud !).

Thanks Guys ! :upthumbs

Tom

I may want to, but my bank account seems to disagree:eyerole. Everytime I see one it makes me miss mine more, but then I throttle the LS1 a little and I feel a little better, but just a little.
Well, at least you had the chance to drive one when you took mine for a cruise. Although it was rainy and you really didn't a chance to put the throttle down...
Your is still the only C5 I've ever driven!
(This is also why I was working towards a "courtesy ride" time to take place at CruiseFest. Give everyone a chance to experience the Corvette Fever in all it's various forms. :D)

Well my armrest has arrived !! :D It looks great ( a little lighter shade of red than I thought).. so anyway now I have to install it ! Any thoughts on what tools etc.. I will need ? :L

Tom

It's going to take about 60 gallons of gas to get it to seat properly. :) If you don't want to take the time to do it right, I'll gladly assist you!

I think you are right about that. It is raining outside this afternoon. I think I will go and just sit in the garage and read the paper propped up on my armrest , of course. Let's see 60 gallons.. that would be about 1000 miles or around 22 hours of armrest use at cruising speed. :)

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom