Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Center console Arm rest Cushion ? Yes or No ?

Allthumbs

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I am considering adding a center console arm rest cushion to my car. The so called "option that GM forgot " etc.. Anyone else do this ? All opinions and observations welcome. Thanks !

Tom

Tom,

I've seen many with them and I keep telling myself I need one of them. Then forget... If you find a Silver Leather one let me know ;)

My opinion of them: Not a must have, but darn close ;)

Bud

Hi Bud !

Corvette Central has them in silver leather for an '81 at $39.99. I think I just might order one in an '81 Red to see how it feels/works.

Tom

I have one. It works nicely when you want to put your arm down when cruising. It gives good elbow support. Not necessary but nice.

I had one in my 71 and it was a great addition. Like the post above, it made it perfect for elbow height. When I get my next shark, it will have one, no doubt.

Okay.. I am ordering one.. I think it would make it easier to remember to waive !:w

Tom

Okay.. I am ordering one.. I think it would make it easier to remember to waive !:w

Tom
At the very least, your hand will be a lot closer to waving position:D.

Absolutely Eric !.. and I think my arm support is much more important than my broken speedo cable as I will be able to waive at the local police cruiser also ! :w :nono

Tom :W

:upthumbs I'm ordering one too :D ...

Thank for the info, and thanks for the reviews :dance

Bud

Thanks Bud.. just ordered mine too.. and also my generic floormats.. my next post will be about these one piece T-top replacements I guess.. I have been looking at those.

Tom

I bought one for my 81.....glad i did!!!!

I have one that came with my car - and I honestly didn't know that C-3's didn't come with them from the factory! Although I have at times pondered how much GM thinks they saved by not attaching it somehow - now I know "the rest of the story" HA!

Well worth the $40 or whatever they're going for.

I am considering adding a center console arm rest cushion to my car. The so called "option that GM forgot " etc.. Anyone else do this ? All opinions and observations welcome. Thanks !

Tom

I have one and cant imagine driving without it!
(Now i just need Theresa so cover it in sheep skin and im good for Colorado Springs!)

Chas:_rock

Got one myself, the bulldog demands it to step on while getting in.

Now this is the BEST Reason yet ;) gots to take care of the security detail :dance

Good looking (Indiana) Uga ;)

Bud

I also have one, for over 25 years I think.. I also have purchased a one piece astro top. That is my favorite.

I even found one in the "infamous" rare Cinnabar color exclusive to 1981. It is definitely nice to have. Spend the money Bud; your 401K will never notice it.

......nut :D

I have one, too. Didn't for my first year of ownership, decided I would get it for Cruisefest. Glad I did. May not be a "must" have, but darn close. Greatly improves comfort level, and highly recommended. One of the best $40 you will spend, for any accessory.

I, too, am curious about the "Astro" tops. Please post a report on that. I am very interested. Especially since they "sort of" color match my car. :)

Hey Bud (Rare81)-like your Yoda with the Avalanche jersey. Go Avs!

Rick
:gap

Hey Bud (Rare81)-like your Yoda with the Avalanche jersey. Go Avs!

Rick
:gap
Although he looks a bit stoned;LOL.

Back on topic, this thread is really making me miss my shark:(.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom