Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

check engine light came on

B

BackSpacer

My check engine light came on tonight (99 A4 51000 miles) and I checked the codes and the documentation that I have does not say what these are. Can someone decipher them? I cleared them and the check engine light went off.

10 PO442 HC
PO461 H

A0 LDCM U1064 H
A1 RDCM U1064 H

B0 RFA U1096 H
U1064 H
U1016 H

I haven't drove the car lately and its about 25 degrees F tonight.

Thanks guys.

Hi there,
Please disregard the U codes, as they are not a factor here.
The P0442 is for a small leak detected in the Evaporative emissions system within the car. This could be caused by a slightly loose gas cap, or refuelling while the engine is running. That is what set your light this time.
As for the P0461, this could be due to a computer program for the PCM that is in need of updating. This could have set the light in the past.
I would suggest to reevalute the condition if the light comes on again.
Allthebest, c4c5

c4c5,

P0442 came on again today. The gas cap seems OK. The car runs fine. Is there anything I should look for, or just ignore it. Thanks for any heads up you can give me to keep something from happening to the car.

BackSpacer said:
c4c5,

P0442 came on again today. The gas cap seems OK. The car runs fine. Is there anything I should look for, or just ignore it. Thanks for any heads up you can give me to keep something from happening to the car.
HI there,
Well, if you would like, you can remove the fuel rail covers, and take a look at the following. The diagram shows your evaporative solenoid and hose. This unit is part of your system for the code showing.
Take a look and make sure that all connections are on, and that they cannot be pulled off.
This is about all that you can do at this point. There is a possibility that your cap seal or cap is bad, however, not easy to test without equipment.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

As for the P0461, this could be due to a computer program for the PCM that is in need of updating. This could have set the light in the past.

Just updated my PCM and I still receive the code. Firgure it's dirty fuel guage parts.

C4C5: By the way, you rock!

P0442 code

I can understand your frustration. I recently bought a 2011 corvette conv. and have experience this condition 4 times already within the first 900 miles. The dealer could not find anything wrong the first time and reset the light. Worked fine for 10 days and CEL came back on. They then replaced gas cap on my second visit. Everything was fine for 20 days until CEL light came on again. On my third visit they conducted a smoke test 3 times and found no problem. They reset light which came on 21 days later. Car is once again at dealership for 4th time. I contacted GMC and they recommended that when it happens again to call them and they will take it to a higher level. Well after several telephone calls with left messages I still haven't heard from GMC. At this juncture I have contacted a lawyer and I hope I don't have to resort to the lemon law which is within my right. Its a shame because I really love the car but I'm not able to go anywhere because of the aforementioned. I can'tignor the light because it could be something serious. Will see how thing pan out this 4th time and will bug GMC at a higher level.

how 2 solve new vette problems

get tele number+call regional service mgr . be nice document calls ,arrange meetting w you +regional service mgr @ dealer ! does this dealer have gmcorvette tech ????
gm junkie will have help also:v

l

Issue regarding PO442 resolved

I can understand your frustration. I recently bought a 2011 corvette conv. and have experience this condition 4 times already within the first 900 miles. The dealer could not find anything wrong the first time and reset the light. Worked fine for 10 days and CEL came back on. They then replaced gas cap on my second visit. Everything was fine for 20 days until CEL light came on again. On my third visit they conducted a smoke test 3 times and found no problem. They reset light which came on 21 days later. Car is once again at dealership for 4th time. I contacted GMC and they recommended that when it happens again to call them and they will take it to a higher level. Well after several telephone calls with left messages I still haven't heard from GMC. At this juncture I have contacted a lawyer and I hope I don't have to resort to the lemon law which is within my right. Its a shame because I really love the car but I'm not able to go anywhere because of the aforementioned. I can'tignor the light because it could be something serious. Will see how thing pan out this 4th time and will bug GMC at a higher level.

Since I have been fighting this problem for 2 years, (yes I took the easy way out and purchased a OBD scanner to reset the code myself rather than going through the motions with my local Chevrolet dealership, thats right I'm a Wuss) I elected to try a local dealership many miles from my home. Within a few hours they decovered a leak in the fuel filler neck. The part is on ordered and should arrive in a few days. My adviser said that the problem surfaced immediately when the smoke test was conducted. Not sure what my local dealership was doing when he ran the same test. Maybe he was inhaling the smoke, who knows or cares at this juncture. Finally a solution, now on to more important concers like fixing a leaky roof.

Glad to hear you got the problem identified and will finally be fixed.

My daughter's Jeep throws this code on a regular basis. Check the rubber lines in the EVAP system. Any cracks in the hoses can cause this. Haven't had it on the Vette, but am now getting to be a pro finding it on the Jeep :Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom