Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check out this very special 88 roadster

tyrel

Eh? It doesn't appear to be anything other than a red convertible to me. ;shrug

Yeah, me confused too. What do you mean by dual engine option? The car has two engines, one in the front and one at the back??? ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

I guess I'm realy confused because I have never seen a corvette with a dual dash..
Tyrel, I would rather buy yours then to think that someone is trying to pull a fast one on me.... If the add is correct , the owner drove the car less than a 100 miles a year.... But yet he put new tires on it... buyer beware... thanks for the insite Tyrel

Mike

The dash is not an '88.
The miles need some explanation, why wasn't it used ???
As far as the new tires, nothing wrong there: 17 year old tires would be dangerous to drive with.

SPANISHVETTS said:
You would think that a GM dealer could get the right photos with the add.
Eh? What's that you say? Use the actual picture of the vehicle being offered?? That'll be the day! :L

Well, the outside of the car looks exactly like mine, but that dash is completely different. Must be from the 90's, not the 80's.

The option list shows it has the rare 5-speed tranny, 3-point rear seat belts, the rear seat fold-down arm rest, power trunk, and the V-style engine.
In the "Condition" box, they show the "L Doors" as being N/A :confused

The dash pic is probably from a 92 car. The lettering is gold color so its' pre-93, the finish on the console looks like the rubberized material that was used after 1991 and the pic shows an auto tranny shifter but they describe the car as a manual.

Gotta love car salesmen and dealerships without a clue :D

It would be anybody's guess what your are actually buying. ;LOL

Left side of engine is an L-98/right is LT-1

Two bidders are lucky that the reserve is not met. The seller has 0 feedback, which is a warning sign, especially on a high cost item. I'd expect them to get "2nd chance offers", asking for cash, a moneygram or a cashier's check, as the winning buyer "could not complete the deal"," backed out", or whatever.

Ask me how I know this.

Sharp eyeballs, Ty!

c4cruiser said:
The option list shows it has the rare 5-speed tranny, 3-point rear seat belts, the rear seat fold-down arm rest, power trunk, and the V-style engine.
In the "Condition" box, they show the "L Doors" as being N/A :confused

The dash pic is probably from a 92 car. The lettering is gold color so its' pre-93, the finish on the console looks like the rubberized material that was used after 1991 and the pic shows an auto tranny shifter but they describe the car as a manual.

Gotta love car salesmen and dealerships without a clue :D
This car whatever it is has got to be worth a lot of money because it has a power trunk lid and a fold down rear arm rest;LOL and these are realy rare in a corvette....they are so rare that in all my years of owning a bunch of corvettes, I have yet came across that option....:eyerole

WhalePirot said:
Two bidders are lucky that the reserve is not met. The seller has 0 feedback, which is a warning sign, especially on a high cost item. I'd expect them to get "2nd chance offers", asking for cash, a moneygram or a cashier's check, as the winning buyer "could not complete the deal"," backed out", or whatever.

Ask me how I know this.

Sharp eyeballs, Ty!

This looks like a "real deal" from Bob Hastings Buick in Rochester, NY: http://www.bobhastings.com/frameset2.asp?LINK=UsedCars&MAIN=Used_vehicle_search Found the car listed at the dealership website and the asking price is $31.915

Here's what they have in stock for Chevy's: http://www.bobhastings.com/frameset2.asp?LINK=UsedCars&MAIN=Used_vehicle_search

Spanishvettes, where did you get the pic of the LT1 motor? The eBay ad only shows one pic of the driver's side of the L98 motor. The dealer also has a 93 for sale and it might be the pics of the dash got mixed up in the ad. Surely a car salesman would not have made a mistake like that!! ;LOL

Wayne88 said:
The dash is not an '88.
The miles need some explanation, why wasn't it used ???
As far as the new tires, nothing wrong there: 17 year old tires would be dangerous to drive with.

I noticed the dash as well. Something isn't kosher here.

used cars??????....!!!!!!!

Gents...Please!!!!!;LOL

These are ads placed by USED CAR SALESMEN we know the deal!!

"For sale 1990 ZR-1 with Ferrari Testarosa engine in it. Like new. Low miles. One owner. Never driven in the rain. Only one built by GM. Collectors item" $8999 Finance Available
:upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs:upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs:upthumbs

PLRX787 said:
Gents...Please!!!!!;LOL

These are ads placed by USED CAR SALESMEN we know the deal!!

"For sale 1990 ZR-1 with Ferrari Testarosa engine in it. Like new. Low miles. One owner. Never driven in the rain. Only one built by GM. Collectors item" $8999 Finance Available
:upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs:upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs :upthumbs:upthumbs
Where do I send my money??????????
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom