Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Chevrolet Announces Certified Power Ratings For The New Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Not me; even if I had the bucks I wouldn't but foreign. Not sure what I would do with all that HP even if I could afford it.

Bill

The problem Bill that altough the Z is not worth $300,000 dollars people will buy it instead of refusing to pay that price, it's the old supply and demand issue, now if no one buys it at that price GM will be forced to reduce the price. Btw well all buy foreign oil, foreign electronics without a problem.

To Each Their Own. . . . . . But Make Mine Corvette

Some things we don't have a choice; believe me if I did I would buy my fuel refined in the US or Canada as well as other things. The Z probably isn't worth that kind of money but neither is the Ferrari 599. I guess if I have to and I do I don't mind buying from countries that are our allies and I think the US should be good neighbors to other "friendly" countries. I can't imagine GM selling too many for that price!!! I don't think GM is planning on selling that many anyway, who needs that kind of HP?

To each their own :beer but I still have Mobile 1 flowing thorugh my veins and will remain a die hard Corvette owner at least it says US by the name alone and I realize every component is not US Made.

Bill :w

Some things we don't have a choice; believe me if I did I would buy my fuel refined in the US or Canada as well as other things. The Z probably isn't worth that kind of money but neither is the Ferrari 599.
Bill, no car is worth that price ! :) I was however greatly impressed to see how they manufactured the 599 on the National Geographic channel

George :w

The Only True American Sports Car, The Corvette

Some things we don't have a choice; believe me if I did I would buy my fuel refined in the US or Canada as well as other things. The Z probably isn't worth that kind of money but neither is the Ferrari 599.
Bill, no car is worth that price ! :) I was however greatly impressed to see how they manufactured the 599 on the National Geographic channel

George :w

Maybe if I had more money than brains; but I barely got neither I would buy one of the new Z's but unless I hit the lottery I won't have to make that decision. I have a C-5 that I barely drive now so I feel pretty fortunate to have it. I would still rather have it and my health and I will consider myself blessed :upthumbs

Maybe if I had more money than brains; but I barely got neither I would buy one of the new Z's but unless I hit the lottery I won't have to make that decision. I have a C-5 that I barely drive now so I feel pretty fortunate to have it. I would still rather have it and my health and I will consider myself blessed :upthumbs

Bill if you have brought a C-5 ya got to have brains and money :D
This is my 4th Corvette, my frist one, a 2000 C-5 (yellow) I lost in a crash--the guy that cause it actually had no brains ! He ran out of gas on the Garden State parkway the guy behind him crossed into my lane to avoid him and I hit him, the vette was totalled, thankfully we were not hurt. Then I had a C5 Z06 ( should have held on to that one!) Thats when I didn't have any brains ;shrug when I sold that one, then brought a 06 C6 that was a lemon :mad now I have an 08 and now I am broke ! :eyerole

Peace
:w George

Of all the things I miss I miss my mind the most! No more than I drive the C-5 I sure don't have any business buying another one. But if I had more money than I could spend I would have one of each year, make, color and model every made!!! Now that's what I call having money! But Jay Leno I'm not!!!

Bill

Of all the things I miss I miss my mind the most! No more than I drive the C-5 I sure don't have any business buying another one. But if I had more money than I could spend I would have one of each year, make, color and model every made!!! Now that's what I call having money! But Jay Leno I'm not!!!

Bill
Know what's funny? The dealer told me one of the reasons for the price gouging is Jay Leno is on the list for the Z go figure :L

P4260774.jpg

Know what's funny? The dealer told me one of the reasons for the price gouging is Jay Leno is on the list for the Z go figure :L

You wouldn't think he would control the market but who knows, he sure is filthy rich and I said before if I had his money I would have one of each model and color ever made :L

Those are some amazing numbers. The ZR1 will probably go 0-60 in around 3.4 seconds. Give or take.

This is one of those things which convinces me to keep buying the General's products! :upthumbs

If one is going to err, then err on the side of being correct! :beer

Remember, several years ago, when Ford was caught inflating horsepower numbers for the Mustang? :chuckle

Time to resurrect the LT4 horsepower & torque number discussion! :boogie

SAVE THE :w

Those are some amazing numbers. The ZR1 will probably go 0-60 in around 3.4 seconds. Give or take.

I'm gonna guess that the ZR1's 0-60 time isn't gong to be significantly less than the Z06's.

Why?

1) the ZR1 is heavier.
2) To effectively use 604 lbs/ft torque in a manner that would effectively shorten its 60-ft and 0-60 times, the car needs either really-sticky rear tires (ie: "drag radials" or slicks) or four-wheel drive.

I'm gonna guess that the ZR1's 0-60 time isn't gong to be significantly less than the Z06's.

Why?

1) the ZR1 is heavier.
2) To effectively use 604 lbs/ft torque in a manner that would effectively shorten its 60-ft and 0-60 times, the car needs either really-sticky rear tires (ie: "drag radials" or slicks) or four-wheel drive.
IMHO the Z is nothing but alot of hype, the dealers are going to scalp the price by 100 to 200 thousand dollars comparing it to exotics, and the baseball diamond thing on the hood is aweful looking. Hey no flaming please, I love Corvettes, I've had 4 of them.
If I had 300 dollars for a car that will probably sit in the garage it wouldn't be a Vette. But hey that's just my opinion.

I don't care for the picture window in the middle of the hood either! Even if I could afford one I am not sure I would be that interested.

Bill :beer

Oh crap, did anyone else notice that oil capacity is 10.5 quarts? It'll cost you some decent money for oil changes. :L

I remember reading that dealer markups were a reason why the GTO was killed off like it was.

To me, not that many American cars inspire the "I have to have it" attitude. But when one comes along like this and dealers start gouging, it turns me off from American cars in general. I know the import dealers do it too but quite honestly, they have more cars that appeal to me overall.

I am still a proud Corvette owner and always will be. Even though the Z does not personally appeal to me I would never have a ;rice burner in my driveway:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom