Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chicago Corvette Supply?

David Hawkins

Corvette
1962 Ermine White Hardtop
Any of you guys ever deal with this company?

I bought a 62 AFB, intake, distributor and heater control valve from them through their ebay store (mztcarb). I didn't know what the company name was until boxes started arriving with Chicago Corvette Supply on the receipts. The receipts show a website of chicago-corvette.com, but that's a dead link.

I got the carb, distributor and heater valve, but I was charged twice for the heater valve and the intake is MIA. It's been over a month and my patience is wearing thin...

Any of you guys ever deal with this company?

I bought a 62 AFB, intake, distributor and heater control valve from them through their ebay store (mztcarb). I didn't know what the company name was until boxes started arriving with Chicago Corvette Supply on the receipts. The receipts show a website of chicago-corvette.com, but that's a dead link.

I got the carb, distributor and heater valve, but I was charged twice for the heater valve and the intake is MIA. It's been over a month and my patience is wearing thin...
good luck as this is al's SOP. others have had the same problem

I got a Chicago Corvette catalog a couple years ago at one of the shows. Here are a few phone nos. you can try. Sales:1-800-872-2446 or 708-458-2500. Customer service:708-458-6577. Don't know if these are any good or not. Mike

Call the BBB. Al rips off people all the time. I believe he is on EBAY as MZTRCARB or something like that. He gets blasted on any and all corvette forums whenever the subject of vendor performance pops up. Ooops - I see that you mentioned EBAY in your original post and that I have his user ID wrong. Before posting negative feedback check to see how he responds. Most deadbeats retaliate with negative feedback and nasty comments so be ready for some negatve feedback if you give him some.

How did you pay for the items? If you used Paypal, they have a dispute process as well but I believe it is limited to 60 days.

Brian

you can file a dispute on Ebay but you must do it before 60 days has passed. If he does any business on Ebay that would be the best bet he will not want his sellers account closed. Best act quick.
good luck
Craig sr.

I have an order into Chicago Corvette rigth now for a REALLY hard to find Holley 2bbl component. I ALWAYS get nervous when ordering from Chicago Corvette:eek:hnoes

I didn't buy off of ebay - but that's how I found them. I didn't even know it was Chicago Corvette until I got the first package and saw the receipt and return label. I'm starting to think that he told me he had the intake just to sell the carb...which will suck because the carb is kind of useless to me until I have something to mount it to.

Guess I'll dispute the charges with Discover and see what happens.

good luck as this is al's SOP. others have had the same problem

I ordered some parts from Chicago Corvette a few years back and eventually got them after an unusually long delay. No big deal, but their lack of an online presence may deter me in the future.

I recently purchased a windshield wiper motor from Al Fierke through Ebay (didn't know it/he was Chicago Corvette at the time). My experience was overall very positive - he proved to be flexible when I asked to substitute for a different W/W motor after I had already committed to purchase a more expensive unit. It took a few weeks to get the part, but I think that was because of his supplier.
Received the motor and it was missing the pump. I called and they sent it out immediately via UPS Express - they admitted that it was their oversight.

Keep in mind Al doesn't respond to email in a timely fashion - much better to call him.

One question: Does anyone know if Al Fierke and Chicago Corvette one and the same? ;shrug

I think Al started Chicago Corvette Supply. If it is still 100% his I don't know. But Al and the name go back to the 70's. He has been around a long time, and may not be as efficient today as in 1980. Hell, who is.........definately not me.

I called and talked to Bob yesterday. He assured me that my intake was in house and would ship Monday or Tuesday after being prepped and painted. I've got my fingers crossed...

mazcarbs

[Purchased apair of 2x4 wcfbs for a 59 about a year ago and can say no problems, dont know what he is like lately maybe a bit slow with email but honest enough to send all parts and charged corectly all the way to adelaide down under.
Good luck

Purchased a few things from him but never through Ebay and did not have any problems, guess I was lucky.
:werd:

I have an order into Chicago Corvette rigth now for a REALLY hard to find Holley 2bbl component. I ALWAYS get nervous when ordering from Chicago Corvette:eek:hnoes

NEVER again would I order from that company!!!!!!!!!!
Life is to short to deal with the agravation that plac caused:W

I called and talked to Robert in shipping today. He assured me that my intake shipped yesterday, but his computer was down and he could not give me a tracking number. I keep trying to reach LeAnn regarding the duplicate charge, but she never seems to be in the office.

I'm giving the intake until Friday to show up on my doorstep, then I'm disputing the charges.

I wouldn't mind this - heck, they found a 44 year old part that matched the carb I bought from them and is perfect for my car - except that the communication and customer support has been terrible. Al was really fast with the emails right up to the point that I gave him my credit card info over the phone. I would have perfectly understood that the process could take time, but getting an email 4 weeks ago that said 'It's shipping tomorrow!' when it did not is unacceptable. To then leave messages that weren't returned just made it worse...

And my manifold arrived today...after 6.5 weeks...and it's a 63 intake. Me=not happy.

In fact, Chicago Corvette sucks.

I ordered a fairly rare piece, a throttle shaft for a vintage Holley 2300 2bbl carb. Every time I called, I got a different excuse.

I finally just told them to kiss my :booty

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom