Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

chrome engine parts question

H

hooks

Finally got my engine bay all clean & detailed--really looks good--am looking to add some chrome pieces here & there--some parts are advertised in the parts mag. as bolt on pieces, but some say "double back tape" or "velcro" --my question is--are these pieces only for "show" or will they stay attached on a daily driver? Anyone used them on a daily driver & result? Most pieces are chrome covers for things like ASR--MASTER CYL--SURGE TANK--etc...

I thought about getting some of those cover pieces as well until I went to a couple shows and saw some cars with them. I'm not saying anything critical, they just aren't to my taste. I elected to go the polish, paint and modestly accesorize route.

NewChrome004.jpg

hooks,

Just a thought, give powder coating a look. I just had my exhaust done on my truck in a chrome like finish. The diesel temps are quite high.:D

MarkC,

Very nice engine !!!!
HHow & what did you ploish it with ?
I've recently bought some Caswell Plating shinning stuff to try on my wheels. I was so upset when I took off my wheels the other day, YUK! The brake dust was doing a number on the inside.;help
But I cleaned them up to start. See attached photos. I made my own aluminum brightener. :upthumbs

WAYNES WORLD

Same here. I think polishing actual parts looks better than covers.

Should not matter driver or show. The parts aren't going to fly off or anything.

86PACER,

Absolutely, :upthumbs

You know you are going to keep it clean, so why not make it pop!!!:boogie

Thanks,
WAYNES WORLD

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom