Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Chrome vs Silver Wheels

LMN8R

Corvette
1998 Black Coupe
What do you all prefer on a black ZR1? Chrome wheels vs Silver. For some reason, I've never been a chrome wheel fan, but they look pretty darn cool on the ZR1. What do you think?

I like the chrome look, especially with a black exterior color. I have a black C5 with chrome Z06 wheels and have never regretted choosing either. Unfortunately neither black or chrome are exactly low maintenance, they both show dirt and flaws fairly quick. :)

Have you had any trouble maintaining the wheel at all? Is the chrome at least fairly durable?

Thanks. I really appreciate the advice.

Carbon Fiber

Here's a very "bad ass" alternative look for any late model Vette.
Remo:cool

Have you had any trouble maintaining the wheel at all? Is the chrome at least fairly durable?

My chrome has been good for over 5 years, but I do wax them once a year, and the vehicle is garaged. After washing a chrome wheel if you don't dry it with air, or a towel, you will see water spots if you look closely. Chrome also shows up brake dust pretty fast (even with my ceramic pads, as the brake pad dust will dull the shine), but if you catch it fast enough all you have to do is wipe it down, let it go long enough and you will be back to washing.

What do you all prefer on a black ZR1? Chrome wheels vs Silver. For some reason, I've never been a chrome wheel fan, but they look pretty darn cool on the ZR1. What do you think?

To paraphrase Gen. Patton:

They're Silver. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a chrome-handled pistol.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Ferrari/Aston Martin/Porsche,etc. with chrome wheels.

I guess that about sums up my view, but I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Factory chrome on my 08, a quick re-coat with polish every 4th or 5th wash and they look outstanding. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom