Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Clicking Noise

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

woodmanave

Corvette
2011 L3
Whenever I press on the brake pedal either when the car is running or in accessory mode there is a click noise that comes from somewhere on the passenger side or dash area. Is this normal, can it be fixed? I spoke to technical support at chevy and they said they are not aware of a problem of any kind it sounds like a relay clicking on and off...its definately electronic and when the car is off and not in accessory mode it does not make the clicking noise. Any help would be appreciated

click,click

I hear the same clicking sound you are hearing ,it comes from behind my dash around the NAV. I hear it mostly when I first get in and push the seat memerory button ,have about 1400 miles on my 2011 GS but have not said anything to dealer about it yet?:confused

Sounds like a noisy relay to me. Turn up the stereo.

Whenever I press on the brake pedal either when the car is running or in accessory mode there is a click noise that comes from somewhere on the passenger side or dash area. Is this normal, can it be fixed? I spoke to technical support at chevy and they said they are not aware of a problem of any kind it sounds like a relay clicking on and off...its definately electronic and when the car is off and not in accessory mode it does not make the clicking noise. Any help would be appreciated

Is your car an automatic. Could be the shifter lock solenoid that locks the shifter in park and then disengages the shifter lock when you step on the brake.
Jim

Is your car an automatic. Could be the shifter lock solenoid that locks the shifter in park and then disengages the shifter lock when you step on the brake.
Jim

That was my first thought as well...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom