Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cloth seat covers - 2nd post

Red73BB

Corvette
1969 dark red convert
Hi again,

The seats in my '69 covers were custom cloth and some of the holding wires(?) which ran from the material though the seat to the spring are loose causing bulging and wear on the seat cover. I’m going to replace the holding wires any instructions or help replacing these is welcome.

thanks,
Gary

If the covers are custom made, I would recommend calling the shop that made your custom covers. Maybe they had a different procedure of running those seat wires. Were the seat covers sewn properly and/or the wires installed properly?

Recommending anything could damage your covers even further!

Many of the parts sellers like Corvette America or Corvette Central have videos showing the installation procedure. It would be a good idea to get one of those and watch it before going any further. It's extremely important to have plenty of time when tackling this. Do not force yourself to be rushed. Stick to the proper proceedure in their proper order. I've done many seat cover replacements and I've found when things are not going right, it's usually because I'm rushed or had too long of a day. All I do is back off and get to it another time.

Chuck M

Thanks Chuck,

I purchased the car out of state as is, so I don't know which shop installed.

Thanks for the video tip, I searched you tube and found some videos.

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom