Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Clunking sound

Well, I dropped Ka-Ching off at the shop this morning to get the wheel bearings replaced. I hope that finally gets rid of the clunking sound. I also had to take my pickup to the shop. It decided to develop and annoying whine yesterday afternoon. Sounds like maybe a bearing burning out. Looks like retirement is becoming a fleeting thought ;)

If You Are Near St Cloud .............joel Schneider Service In Albany Has A Guy Who Can Bend You Pipes To Your Specs.......can Tell You Cost But He Can 320 845 4856 And He Is In A Small Town

Unfortunately, I live in Winona. Long way from St Cloud. I may have to contact him anyway when I am ready to replace the exhaust. Thanks for the tip.

Clunking

And You Know The Clunking Sound Can Be Fixed By A 5.00 $ Additive To The Rear End Some Times............. I Have Done It 3 Times ............ Some Times It Takes 2 Bottles A They May Be 10.00$

I talked to the shop yesterday. Evidently the bearings weren't "too bad". But they were loose. Evidently somebody, at one time, did the job without the proper tools and didn't get the bearings in right. I hope that is all it is. I am getting real tired of pouring $$$ into the thing to stop the noise. It is just weird that the noise would occur after I had driven it for a while. Maybe that gave the bearing time to get itself out of alignment. I don't know.

Oh, he also said the U-joints were bad. He had never seen anything rusted together so bad as the u-joints. I read somewhere that it can happen to these cars.

The Rear Bearings Can Be A Pain As They Are Shimed To A Certain Spec So They Can Burn Out If Not Done Right..........i Learned The Hard Way On A Trip To Fla By Way Of Nashville Tn And A Chev Dealership In 1972...........and 250.00 $ Big Bucks In That Time .......littleleo

He was whining about shims. His buddy had to go get some more. Just makes me realize all the more that it was (is) a job that is above my capabilities. Are the kids still "above average" in Lake Wobegon?

We Kids Like To Think So............. If You Like To Drive Come On Up We Got Some Nice Roads And Good Fishing............ Weare About 1.5 Hrs North Of The Cities On I 94 I Schould Have My 68 Running This Summer Rebuilt From The Frame Up.........

I used to live in St Cloud. I worked in a building right behind the Germaine (sp?)

frame up resto is way to ambitious ($$$) for me. I just want it running so I can enjoy it.

My Buddie Joel Let Me Do It In His Garage And I Owe Him Big Time He Usta Have One Still Is A Speed Freak.......... Has More Car Stuff In His Big Toe Then I Have I All My Brains He Is A Walking Computer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom