Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Clutch Interlock Problem

McSnagg

Corvette
1988 Triple Black Convertible Z52 4+3
I have an 88 convertible with a stick. I have had to depress the clutch pedal harder and harder to get the car to start. The pedal obviously needs to be fully depressed to start.

Now, it won't start at all. From what I've read on this site, I don't believe it is a VATS problem.

Where is the switch located that engages when the pedal is fully depressed? I can only locate one switch on the clutch pedal which has no effect.

Any ideas?? Thanks

I have an 88 convertible with a stick. I have had to depress the clutch pedal harder and harder to get the car to start. The pedal obviously needs to be fully depressed to start.

Now, it won't start at all. From what I've read on this site, I don't believe it is a VATS problem.

Where is the switch located that engages when the pedal is fully depressed? I can only locate one switch on the clutch pedal which has no effect.

Any ideas?? Thanks
From your description it sounds like a bad or Mal adjusted switch on the Clutch peddle!! But there is a relay,I believe it in on the backside of the Rt Front rear Splash shield!!
See Schematic and Photos below!! Wire colors may or may not the same!
:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you know if there is only one switch on the clutch pedal? The switch on the pedal fully opens after less than an inch of pedal travel. It acts like there is a switch that is activiated when the pedal is fully depressed?

I'll check the relay ...thanks for the diagrahm & photos.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom