Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Code scanner

scotch1

Corvette
1994 convert. 2002 C5 coupe
Hi.
I am shopping around for a diagnostic code scanner. Do any of you have any recommendations for the best brand and model??
I am overwhelmed with the variety and brands.
Tom

Auto X-ray?

Hi scotch1

At the home page of this site, go to the "feature" section on the left side and click on "A dose of Digital: Part 2 - Diagnostic Tools Buyers Guide". Hib Halverson did an excellent article about this. It's towards the end, but well worth reading it all as well as Part I.

This will most certainly help with your decision.

Chuck M

QUOTE=aklim;1079515]Auto X-ray?[/QUOTE]
Yes! Heard of autoxray. I will call them . Any specific model?

Hi scotch1

At the home page of this site, go to the "feature" section on the left side and click on "A dose of Digital: Part 2 - Diagnostic Tools Buyers Guide". Hib Halverson did an excellent article about this. It's towards the end, but well worth reading it all as well as Part I.

This will most certainly help with your decision.

Chuck M

Great, thanks, will look into it. I called autoxray, very helpful, answered all my questions and suggested OTC, ever heard of them?

QUOTE=aklim;1079515]Auto X-ray?
Yes! Heard of autoxray. I will call them . Any specific model?[/QUOTE]

Probably the 6000 model that can do OBD I and OBD II

If you have an android OS phone the tourqe app is great. Reads and clears codes. You can data log as well. Not sure about OBD1

Smart phone apps are for 1996-up w. OBD2 only. Also, they support generic OBD2 only, not "GM Enhanced" OBD2.

I have an Auto X-ray 3000 (I think) I haven't used it since I sold my 94 (2 years ago). Lots of info from the scanner.

Hi.
I am shopping around for a diagnostic code scanner. Do any of you have any recommendations for the best brand and model??
I am overwhelmed with the variety and brands.
Tom

I have an Actron CP9580 that I use on all of my vehicles. Very nice piece of equipment and not real costly.

Smart phone apps are for 1996-up w. OBD2 only. Also, they support generic OBD2 only, not "GM Enhanced" OBD2.

Tried to google enhanced obd2 but only found chrysler info. What all does it do? Or display? I love this site!! So many smart helpfull people here!
Sorry for cluttering your thread. Should have used PM.

purchase

The OTC 3499N was highly recommeded,a bit pricey, so I shopped around and Amazon had the lowest price.

I'll let you guys know how I like it.
Tom.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom