Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Commemorative 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Package

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
To: ALL CHEVROLET DEALERS

As many of you know, Chevrolet will be soon be celebrating 50 years with America's legendary sports car. In honor of this historic occasion, Chevrolet will be producing a commemorative 50th Anniversary Package for the 2003 Corvette. While we're not ready to provide specific details yet, we wanted to make you aware of some key communication dates:

Distribution Plan Announcement - April 2, 2002

Ordering Information - April 12, 2002

On-line Images (Corvette.com) - Late April

Please keep these dates in mind as you receive customer inquiries about this monumental occasion in Corvette history!

corvette plant moving ?

rob ..have you heard of the bowling green corvette plant moving to canada? thats the rumor that i had heard , the guy said it was an announcement in a magazine ... let me know ...thanks

• Admin
Re: corvette plant moving ?

hoosierguy60 said:
rob ..have you heard of the bowling green corvette plant moving to canada? thats the rumor that i had heard , the guy said it was an announcement in a magazine ... let me know ...thanks

That's news to me and although I haven't heard that, I would be extremely surprised if that were to happen. My understanding is that the part of the Bowling Green assembly line has been set up for Cadillac CTS production....or is it Cien.....I can't remember now. Regardless, I can't see what benefits would be gained by moving Corvette manufacturing across the border and away from the National Corvette Museum. Both the plant and the museum compliment one another and are a major tourist attraction. People that come to visit the NCM will usually go on a plant tour and vice versa. From a financial standpoint, I would think it would be advantageous for Corvette production to remain where it is today. That's my own personal two cents on the issue.

• Admin
Re: Re: Re: corvette plant moving ?

Corvette Junkie said:

It's the XLR.

That's right. GM has been coming up with so many new models and concepts that I've lost track. :)

I heard that they are going to build both cars side by side. They are not going to move the Corvettes to Canada. Not worth the money.

Geez, if they moved Corvette production to Canada, it would just seem so less "American."

I could picture it now, "Yeah, it's America's sports car, but it's built in Canada!"

Corvette and the XLR will built at the Bowling Green plant but on different lines. They have built a new line for the XLR. Corvette and XLR will share the paint booth. They will be adding a second shift in the paint booth for the XLR.

HEY Im Canadian! :grinshot

BigRed said:
HEY Im Canadian! :grinshot

You're cold too, bro. :D

Drove my '92 up to Banff (http://www.rjsmith.com/idaho.html) and then down to Calgary. Wanted to drive up to Edmonton but Alberta sets the standard for "wide open spaces" and I only had 11 days. Beautiful country you have, eh? Do they say "eh" in Alberta, or is that just an Ontario thing?

Ray

I've been up to Toronto a couple of times, it's quite a drive from Chicago. It's been many years, but from what I can remember, it is absolutely beautiful once you get across the border. I hope to visit my Northern Neighbors again!

Back to the 50th Anniversary:

It seems like GM is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They want something unique and collectible, but they also want sales and the opportunity for everyone to buy one. What to do?????

Maybe to help the situation out, GM can build a limited 50th ann in each of the body styles. They can build like 3,000 in each body style. Just a though because it would sell and still keep it as a collectors item which so many people seem to want.

It's already been said there won't be a 50th edition Z06 offered. At 3,000 coupes and 3,000 convertibles that would be around 17% of total production including Z06s. Far to many for it to be considered a collectors item.

Geez, if they moved Corvette production to Canada, it would just seem so less "American."

Ahem. Exactly where do you think Canada is located?:D

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom