Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Common problems with Vettes?

Eagle85C4 said:
Girlfriend said it was her or the vette...sometimes I sure do miss her.....

:L :L

After the word had spread throughout our friends that I had purchased a Corvette in 1991, the wives all said to my wife, are you crazy letting him buy a Corvette, now all our husbands will want to do that!
The husbands all asked, how did you do it?
I told them it was simple, I said to my wife, maybe I should get a boat instead of a new car.
She said, you're gone away on deployments way too much to have a boat, you'll use it maybe 3 times a year.
I said, OK, your right Honey, I'll just get the Corvette, at least it won't sit in the garage all the time, I can drive it to work when I'm home.
I got the Vette!!!!!!!

Now on my third Vette, but still no boat. :dance

Stan

sounds familure

Eagle85C4 said:
Bought mine on ebay.....test drove it home from Va. to Ohio. Swore I would always drive it in good weather...keep it in the garage....
Love it so much it is my daily driver and the Blazer sits in the driveway. Girlfriend said it was her or the vette...sometimes I sure do miss her.....
I bought mine online at Corvette Trader and test drove it from Virginia to Indiana, but I brought the wife with me. We both love the vette. I keep her in the garage whenever the weather is bad (the vette, not the wife) :Dbut we drive her as much as we can.
--Drew:w

pilot,

If you get deployed somewhere in the US, can't you drive? It would be fun to drive around the country, especially a Z06.

Where at in Indiana? I used to live in Shelbyville. Won the lottery one year....

Well I could now because I'm retired.... LOL
But no, before I retired I was in Special Operations Aviation, we deployed all over the world.
Unless somebody has discovered a land bridge between the U.S.
and Europe, The Middle East, or the Far East, I think driving is out of the question.
Too bad too, imagine a fleet of Corvettes closing in on Osama Bin Laden... yeeee haaa!

Middle of friggin nowhere

Eagle85C4 said:
Where at in Indiana? I used to live in Shelbyville. Won the lottery one year....
I'm in southeastern Indiana, on the border with Ohio and Kentucky, right on the Ohio river. I'm about an hour southeast of Shelbyville. I'm in Aurora, IN--about 230 miles away from you in Whitehouse (outside Toledo, right?) You won the lottery and moved to Ohio? Do you know why all the trees in Kentucky point to the North? Because Ohio Sux!:grinshot
--Drew:w

Keep it up......going to take you right off the xmas list.

Got a letter in the office from Ohio State Police. Seems they have passed a law recently in Ohio, that that requires all automobiles in the state to be reconfigured to place the high beam actuator from the turn signal lever back to the floorboard. Goes for all existing and future cars as well as any cars crossing the border into Ohio. Appears they did a study at Ohio State University and found that 99% percent of the accidents in Ohio at night are are caused by Hoosier's getting there feet caught in the steering wheel trying to turn the high beams on.........

Someone once told me

You have to turn your watch back 20 years whenever you go into Indiana. Is that true?

That wasn't nice...

So I won't do that again.:(

I take NO offense...

at that remark. See, I'm from Kentucky. :D I moved over here because as a locksmith, I make my living off of other peoples stupidity (mostly) and I had to find the state with the most amount of stupid people. I found it. Why do you think I put my location as middle of friggin nowhere?;stupid
To say we are a little behind the times here is an understatement. 20 years? Try 200. There are people here (no lie) that are still driving a horse and buggie around town. Sure they are Amish, but still...try running over horse-caca in a car with 5" ground clearance :nono They aren't even good amish, I had to repair a safe recently for an Amish guy and it had an electronic lock on it.:crazy
BTW--I still think Ohio drivers are the worst. Don't you people know how to keep right except to pass? I'm thinking about mounting a nice 25mm chain gun on my hood to clear the road sometimes. OH--do you know the definition of a buckeye? It is a useless nut!
--Drew:w (don't hate me cause I'm bootiful):booty

More state bashing

Yes, you do have to turn your watch back 20 years when you enter Indiana.
Yes, in Kentucky if you get a divorce, she is still your sister.
Yes, most farmers in Ohio wear button fly jeans, cause zippers spook the sheep.
(I know...that last one was baaaaaaaaaad)

4+3 transmissions

Are these alot of problems. I would like to know before I buy an 88 with one the car has 64000 on it and seems to be in good shape' Are these Nash tranys soemthing to stay away from?

You want some information on the Doug Nash 4+3? Check out my compilation of information right here. :upthumbs

_ken :w

Ken,
That was an excellent post on the 4+3!
Also much truth in who really knows how to get in and out of a manual xmsn, and have it not only work as advertised, but to last longer than "to the end of the driveway". :bang
Stan

When did they stop putting the 4+3's in?

Ken,

How does the 4+3 compare to the 6 speed in terms of performance, convenience, etc...

Have you ever run into problems with it?

4+3

You guys are alot of help. It sounds like driving the car will answer the questions regarding how well the 4+3 is working in that particular car.

I just joined CAC, thought I'd let you know about buying my Vette...

I've always wanted a Vette, but being 6'4" I had a bit of trouble driving one. As a young mechanic, the boss finally let me drive a C3 into the service bay. All went well until I tried to hit the brakes and my knee hit the steering wheel first - grabbed the e-brake and managed to just move a empty barrel a little... Ever been pulled out of a car through the side window before?

Well, 25 years later a sales man talked me into sitting in a beautiful 86 Dark Red Metalic coupe. I fit!!! Took it for a test ride and a local sherif saw me go from 0 to 55 in one block, pulled me over and after explaining that it was a test drive and I couldn't read this new digital dash he just gave me a warning! Just a warning in a Red Vette - I just had to buy it.

How did I get it by the wife? She keeps saying that she can't divorce me because I don't have enough assets yet. My Vette and it's continuing mods gives her little hope about me ever getting enough assets! I even get to autocross it when she's not driving it.

Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom