Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Connector Questions

JonJon

Corvette
1986 Coupe Silver/Grey
Hey Gang
I need a couple extra sets of eyes.

'86 coupe L98 TPI w/ manual trans, 10/1985 production date and iron heads.

Where is the bullet connector I need to disconnect to set the base ignition timing? The FSM shows C106 in the wiring diagram and I can't find it in the connector location pages. Do I need to disconnect the 4-wire EST connector instead?

Also, where is the bullet connector/fuse link I need to disconnect to clear codes instead having to disconnect the battery?

Thanks for any help available?
Jonathan.....

Hey Gang
I need a couple extra sets of eyes.

'86 coupe L98 TPI w/ manual trans, 10/1985 production date and iron heads.

Where is the bullet connector I need to disconnect to set the base ignition timing? The FSM shows C106 in the wiring diagram and I can't find it in the connector location pages. Do I need to disconnect the 4-wire EST connector instead?

Also, where is the bullet connector/fuse link I need to disconnect to clear codes instead having to disconnect the battery?

Thanks for any help available?
Jonathan.....

The connector to set the Base timing is toward the drivers behind the Distributor, The ECM plug is buried deep behind the battery

I actually found YouTube useful for once. There was a 1min video showing the connector location that was accurate. :happyanim:

The C106 connector is in the Tan/Black wire and is located between the left valve cover and the brake booster. Base timing was retarded almost 10degrees (4degrees ATDC). I'm guessing whoever set the timing last couldn't find the connector.

I still haven't found the ECM power connector. I did find a couple fuse links that are going to need to be replaced due to corrosion. I just disconnected the battery and cleared the codes.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom