Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Console Plate

regalniz

Corvette
94 Polo Green Convertible w/auto
My console plate is in need of replacement. In addition to that, I noticed the little plastic window is loose and the orange gear indicator is missing. How do I take the the shift knob off and what steps do I take in removing the console plate. I have a 94 auto convert.

Ok to remove the shift knob

You need to get a small awl or hook pick on the TOP and Bottom sides of the button.

It just pries up....

Then there is a C clip @ the base ( interior) of the knob remove that and your done.

Vig!

Another way is to keep the knob on and instead unscrew(4 -philips I think) the leather boot from the console plate.

The console plate has 1 screw in one of the cupholders, two more in the rear... The rear two screws are inside the center console, under the carpet in there. You will have to unplug the button for the rear deck (assuming they still had them on convertibles in '94) just be gentle with everything... The shifter boot is held on by screws underneath, and you can't get the console off without unscrewing it

Thanks guys. It all went down without a hitch. I was able to remove the plate over the knob by unscrewing the 4 screws on the leather boot. When I get the new plate putting it back together will be the true test. I was amazed by how much dirt collects in there. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom