Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Convertible top question

okgo

Corvette
69 vert 02 black coupe
Is there a way to adjust a convertible top 2012 grand sport convertible It seems when I drop the top
There is something making noise

C6 Grand Sport convertible top catching on something

Is there a way to adjust a convertible top 2012 grand sport convertible It seems when I drop the top

I had the same problem with my 12 GS convertible. Actually, the glass was catching on the deck lid during the lifting and stowing operations.
Took 3 trips to 2 Chevy dealers to get it taken care of. They ultimately ended up doing adjustments to the deck lid to fix it.

But first, are you tall? Maybe when you adjusted the seat you pushed it back too far and it hits something upon exit. That happened to a friend of mine and all he did was adjust the seat so that it
didn't go so far back when exiting the car. Try that first.

Mark
6t6stingray

Depends on where the noise is coming from as to whether it can be adjusted out or not.

On my '08 and my'13, after some use, the toneau cover started bumping the roof around the glass frame when opening and closing. For the longest time, when the roof folded up, the glass part would fold up close to the rest of the roof and the toneau would not bump it. Now, it bumps slightly.

So, I now reach behind the passenger seat and pull the roof slightly forward when raising and lowering to keep the toneau from bumping it.

I don't know if this can be adjusted out and I haven't asked. Maybe I ought to.
:w

C6 convertible

I own a 2006 convertible and I have the same problems as the other owner said. The lip of the deck does hit the glass on opening and closing. I have to just hold on the the top as it is opening and closing so that it does not hit the deck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom