Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cool Commercial!

• Thread starter vettesthedealwiththat
  • Start date
V

vettesthedealwiththat

2005 Corvette ad leak

I saw this on another message board, looks sweet:

>A friend from an ad agency sent me a sneak preview of the new Corvette >commercial that's supposed to air later this month during the Olympics. It's >the first commercial for the Vette since 1997.

>Anyway, I have a photo posted below and the clip of the commercial posted >on my server if you want to check it out.

>
C22383_132_800x532.jpg

nice pic.

thanks. using it as my background on my LCD.

Bill.
;)

You guys make way too big a deal out of the front plate thing. The C5 looks like ass with a front plate to.

It sure is, when my youngest saw the C6 screensaver he said" Daddy has to buy one of those." He will have to wait till I've paid for the C5 first;)

new C-6 ad

Has anyone seen the ads for the C-6 on chevrolet.com?

it also has all the features of the car, but the new ad looks cool

That's cool. My boss was climbing Mt. Whitney here in CA two weeks ago, and he told me there was a crew there filming a Corvette commercial with two red vettes. I am looking forward to seeing it.

Catching air with a Corvette? Did these people think they were doing a Jeep commercial? A car that becomes airborne is not an attribute GM should be advertising neither is a car that easily spins out. What were they thinking?
:confused

Bluecoupe, I took the ad to be a build-up to the tag line: "The Official Car Of Your Dreams." When I was pre-teen, flying around in Corvette was certainly the stuff of my dreams. :L

That said, I am a bit distressed that when the two kids passed each other in "mid-flight," they did not wave. Chevrolet has to know about the tradition of the wave. What gives here? Are we going to have educate future C6 owners about that?

-Patrick

CORed91 said:
Bluecoupe, I took the ad to be a build-up to the tag line: "The Official Car Of Your Dreams." When I was pre-teen, flying around in Corvette was certainly the stuff of my dreams. :L

That said, I am a bit distressed that when the two kids passed each other in "mid-flight," they did not wave. Chevrolet has to know about the tradition of the wave. What gives here? Are we going to have educate future C6 owners about that?

-Patrick

Hi CORed91

no offense to you or the other C5 owners on here but educating new C6 owners about the wave would also have to be expanded to most of the current C5 owners I see on the road. I only get a wave back from maybe approx 10% of C5's that I come across when out driving.
I realize that the C5 owners on here are Vette enthusiasts and well versed in the wave tradition but in general I think a large overall percentage of current C5 owners as a whole are not particulirly traditional Vette enthusuiasts and only bought the car because it was newer, more modern looking, and more refined than previous model corvettes and compared to other high performance sports cars such as Porsches, Lambos, Ferrai's, etc it is relatively inexpensive. These C5 owners are not aware of the wave tradition. I'm not "cutting down" on these other C5 owners, hell, they bought a Corvette and that was the right choice as far as we are all concerned :) but at the same time they don't usually have the same level of Vette history and tradition of a lot of other Vette owners and are simply not aware of the "the wave".
While I may only get approx 10% of C5's that wave to me, I only get about 10% or so of C1 - C4's that DON'T wave back.
Of course, YMMV but this has been my observation at least in the area I live.

I'm not doubting what you say, Barry. I've been the victim of un-requited waves myself, and they sometimes come from owners of C3's and C4's, not just C5's. There are Corvette enthusiasts, and then there are current owners of Corvette.

My point was that I think Chevrolet missed a golden opportunity in that commercial to subtelty reinforce the the tradition of the wave. More's the pity.

:w
-Patrick

Hi all - have you guys seen the long version of that new corvette commercial? The commercial ends with the two new corvettes jumping in midair and crossing in front of each other. The long version of this, however, shows the red one taking a cruise through some interesting territory. It shoots through these cement tunnels and does this round-a-bout thing that is so cool! Saw it during the olympics!!! :cool :crazy

mattyg92 said:
Has anyone seen the ads for the C-6 on chevrolet.com?

it also has all the features of the car, but the new ad looks cool
Thanks for the heads-up! Cool new ad. I get a kick out of how many babyboomers songs get played in car ads. I guess they know the audience they are directing the ads to. Always liked, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"! ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom