Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

coolant temp switch

T

tmiller24

Hi everyone, nothing better than being a corvette rookie! I have a quedtion to ask, but first must explain a little. Last year my wife bought an 89 coupe to drive to and from her nursing job.
The air conditioning was not doing good so, we took the car to a small shop on the suggestion of a coworker and all that got fixed was my wallet. This year I decided to have a look my self and I beleive I found the problem. The problem being that the cooling fan would not cycle when the A/C was turned on. There is a coolant temp switch #14078970 on the right side of the engine compartment,attached to the A/C line, that when unplugged will turn on the fan. I discovered that if i unscrew the switch, plug it in to the connectter and leave them dangling, that the fan and A/C work like they are suppose to. What is the coolant temp switch for and what am I messing up by leaving it unscrewed from the A/C line? :hb

Tony&Tracy
89 Bright Red Coupe

Not sure but could that be the switch that shuts things down when the pressures get too high in the AC system and/or shuts it down when the refregrent is low?

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom