Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! "Correct Exhaust System for 1962 327/340HP" 4 speed Corvette

HD2KC162

Corvette
1962 2 Tops Roman Red
Getting ready to swap out the'73 350 in my 62 and install the rebuilt, correct 1962 340 HP 327. Have the correct "901" and "902" exhaust manifolds.
Right now the 350 has Hooker headers with flange and front pipe of exhaust system has been modified with matching flange, so I will need to replace at least part of the exhaust system, .

:confused

What is the correct configuration for the 1962 327 340HP system? Parts vendors list all kinds of different configurations for 1962 exhaust systems.
Specifically:
1-Should the two head pipes be set up for a crossover pipe?
2-What is the actual diameter of the exhaust system for the 340HP engine? (2 inches, 2.25 inches, 2.5 inches)?
3-Were two different muffler styles allowed with the 327/340HP engine? (Oval std, and round, off road)
Only want to do this ONCE, so I would like to be sure I am installing the "correct" (suitable for judging) parts even if I have to replace the whole system.:ugh

Thanks for any info/advice

62 Roman Red, two tops, two engines

NEVER MIND I got the info I was looking for elsewhere

Guess nobody here knew the answer..... ;shrug

Both 340 and 360 horse used the crossover and off road mufflers. The front head pipes are 2.5 inches at the manifold then neck down to the 2 inch pipe size of the rest of the exhaust system just below the flange.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom