Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Museum Announces Three Hall of Fame Inductees for 2010

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Grady Davis
Former Executive Vice President of Gulf Oil Corp.

According to nominator John Walko, "Grady Davis was the man and the muscle behind Gulf Oil’s sponsorship of Corvette Racing through the early 60s. He showed everyone that Corvette was a world class race car. He established the benchmark for Corvette Racing that we continue to emulate today." In the application, Donna Mae Mims had written, "Grady lived and breathed Corvette. Grady sold the Corvette to the World."

Fred Gallasch
Retired Assistant Brand Manager - Corvette

"All of us have passion for our families. Many of us have passion for our employment. Most have passion for their hobbies. Fred's passion for Corvette has been his hobby and his employment, and the many friends he has made through Corvette have become family," wrote nominator Karl Hannum.

James Ingle Retired Corvette Development Engineer
"...one of the unsung heros of the Corvette. Since his first assignment in 1975 as the lead development engineer dedicated to the Corvette, Jim has demonstrated a mastery of the Corvette engineering, and a no fooling, let's get it done attitude," wrote nominator William R. Nichols. "I believe the Corvette evolved into the best sports car on the market in part due to the efforts of Jingles."

Dr. Fred Gallasch and Jim Ingle are long overdue inductions.

The induction into the HOF takes place during the Labor Day event at the NCM.

Looking forward to it! Anyone else going?

The Hall of Fame should induct regular folks - you know, like the ones that buy the product. It's fine that industry leaders are recognized, but how about the guy that busts his own chops to buy a few Vettes in his lifetime, and manages to support the sport and community by holding charity events for decades, founding forums or founding Corvette clubs. Look at the Hall of Fame, nothing but insiders and fat cats. Mr, Ms, and Mrs. Six Pack are under-represented. I'm sure everyone knows someone who should be in the Hall of Fame. JMHO

I'll be there!

The induction into the HOF takes place during the Labor Day event at the NCM.

Looking forward to it! Anyone else going?

Patti and I plan to be there, Zippy.

Wouldn't want to miss our good friend FRED GALLASCH receive this long overdue recognition! :thumb

Registration for the Labor Day Hall of Fame Induction is now open! :thumb

Go to www.corvettemuseum.com for details.

The Hall of Fame should induct regular folks - you know, like the ones that buy the product. It's fine that industry leaders are recognized, but how about the guy that busts his own chops to buy a few Vettes in his lifetime, and manages to support the sport and community by holding charity events for decades, founding forums or founding Corvette clubs. Look at the Hall of Fame, nothing but insiders and fat cats. Mr, Ms, and Mrs. Six Pack are under-represented. I'm sure everyone knows someone who should be in the Hall of Fame. JMHO

Funny thing Catbert, as I was reading the inductions in the first post, I couldn't help but think about the "regular guy" and inducting him/them into the Hall. I'm not taking anything away from those who've been inducted, and are about to be inducted. I'm sure they are all well deserved. But what about the "End User"??? If it wasn't for us, there would be no Hall of Fame for the Big Guys to be inducted into .

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Congrats to this years inductee's!!!! :beer

Funny thing Catbert, as I was reading the inductions in the first post, I couldn't help but think about the "regular guy" and inducting him/them into the Hall. I'm not taking anything away from those who've been inducted, and are about to be inducted. I'm sure they are all well deserved. But what about the "End User"??? If it wasn't for us, there would be no Hall of Fame for the Big Guys to be inducted into .

My point - exactly! Many of those folks make their living supporting Corvette. Other don't make a dime off the Vette - they actually make the Vette possible by SPENDING discretionary income on the car they love. A few end users without extraordinary connections should be honored every year. Without US, the Vette wouldn't exist, and the CORVETTE MUSEUM sure as hell wouldn't exist. :D

There are three categories in which the Hall of Fame inductees fall. First is Racing, Second GM and Lastly Enthusiast.

Grady Davis represents the Racing element, Jim Ingle is from GM and Fred Gallasch, although he worked for GM is representing the Enthusiast category.

The "Average" John or Jane Corvette enthusiast would fall in the last category as just that, an enthusiast. As such, they must make a contribution to the hobby. Simply owning a Corvette or belonging to a club doesn't get it.

Nominations are made annually. If you have someone you believe should be in the National Corvette Museum's Hall of Fame, submit their information to the museum and specify what category you think they should be in.

The Board of Directors meet and discuss all nominations, and the discussions are quite involved. Some potential candidates have been nominated more than once.

I can only say, make your nominations, support your candidate and be prepared to have their contributions verified. :thumb

Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom