Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corvette storage

johnohio

Corvette
2008 crystal red convertible
If you are going to store your vette for the winter do you put a trickle charger on the battery or is there a better way?

I would say the Battery Tender would be the way to go for you. Then again, I wouldn't live in a place where I had to "winterize" anything...:L

Here's a link to a winter storage article posted by Rob way back in 2001. It's a long article but a good read. There have also been numerous discussions about storage in the past as well. If you run a search from the toolbar at the top of the page you'll find tons of info.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about strorage myself.

And by the way, welcome to the :CAC!

Thanks Norty- I believe I will go with the battery tender. Should I disconnect the battery or leave it hooked up?

I would put a battery tender on it . I just put one on mine. Didnt drive it for 3 weeks and the battery was stone dead...Couldn't get in the car 'cause the owners manual was in the glovebox and wasn't sure how to access the inside of the car. Finally figured it out using the key in the rear hatch and manually opening the doors. So, get the tender for sure. Griots garage has a great one in stock.

Thanks Norty- I believe I will go with the battery tender. Should I disconnect the battery or leave it hooked up?
That is up to you. If you leave it connected, the car will draw from the battery, but the tender will replenish. You'll also keep your car's memory functions alive. If you disconnect the battery from the car, you'll have to reset the radio, seats, mirrors & any other memory related equipment.

If you leave the battery installed, there's a good chance you'll be able to drive the car during the winter when the weather isn't "really" bad. (Sometimes those opportunities arise!) You might want to fill your fuel tank (to avoid condensation) and add a stabilizer to the fuel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom