Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Couple Gives $1.3 Million To Corvette Museum

Unless they have really great food I don't see the need; maybe if I was in the neighborhood and had nothing else to do I'd stop by. Or better yet if they had scantily clad women and would let you drive all the vettes, yes that's it-then I would definitely visit.:L
Well thats the way I think about a lot of things and I know your Kidding .I've been to the museum and felt it was a class act and will certainly stop by again.At my age the food would be a plus .I've always been afraid wild women could damage my fragile body.

They should have started a new foundation with the money...perhaps the "George W. Bush for Impeachment Foundation". Any takers??/ I'd kick in a few bucks for that myself!!!!

They should have started a new foundation with the money...perhaps the "George W. Bush for Impeachment Foundation". Any takers??/ I'd kick in a few bucks for that myself!!!!

Is it still too late to impeach Clinton or that witch he calls a wife? And I would donate 50K and maybe a 100k to impeach Jimmy Carter.:bash

Is it still too late to impeach Clinton or that witch he calls a wife? And I would donate 50K and maybe a 100k to impeach Jimmy Carter.:bash

I believe that I would donate to both of those funds. Two of the worst of the worst ex-presidents.

How did we end up with a political discussion on this thread?

If somebody wants to give some money to the Corvette Museum, that is utterly their business. I am happy that they decided to do so. They had the money, they can do with it what they wish.

If anybody wants to debate who should be impeached or some other similar topic, please start a thread in the Edge.

Politics

Yea, how the heck does politics enter into this? I really don't know how I got there.:confused

Couple Gives $1.3 Million To Corvette Museum

Nov 13, 2006 11:22 AM

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green has received its largest gift ever.

A Wisconsin couple donated $1.3 million to the museum in south-central Kentucky, 60 miles north of Nashville.

The gift came from Ivan and Mary Shrodt of Sherwood, Wisconsin.

Museum director Wendell Strode said the money would go toward a planned $14 million expansion. He said the project should be completed in the summer of 2009.

The Shrodts said they gave the money to the museum because they have no children, and have an affection for Corvettes. The museum held a reception in the couple's honor Saturday night. The Shrodts were in Bowling Green to pick up their sixth Corvette, a 2007 black Z06 model.

Copyright: Associated Press

Dad,,,,,,,,,,, is that you !!!!!!!!!! I'm here if u want to passon on another milliom !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom