Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

couple other random questions

Corvette
1986 Bright Red Coupe
I'm full of them tonight :)

1. I've got the Delco-Bose cassette deck. I cannot for the life of me find a BALANCE control. There's a fade, but I can't set the channel left or right. Am I missing the obvious? And no, I don't believe I was given the separate manual for the stereo.

2. When my hazard lights are on, the third brake light flashes as well. Is this normal? It looks kinda dorky, IMNSHO, like a person has installed an aftermarket brake light and hooked it to the turn signals by mistake.

Thanks. :confused

[RICHR]

Random Answers

5, Torque, Mount Rushmore, all of the above, X= 350 cubic inches.

No balance on bose.

The third light is hooked incorrectly.

Tell me how is setup now

And my last answer
Usama Bin Laden IS AN A$$HOLE
and yes I'm sure

Mike

5, Torque, Mount Rushmore, all of the above, X= 350 cubic inches.

Sorry, the answer of Mount Rushmore is incorrect. The correct response should have been "42".

Tell you how the setup is now? You mean wiring? Haven't tried to trace any wires yet, just happened to notice this morning while assisting at an accident scene that the HMSTL was flashing with the hazards. The rear bumper has most likely been off at one time or another, so maybe something got hooked wrong in the brake lights.

Thanks.
[RICHR]

Light Blue

Off the stop switch a single Light Blue runs to the 3rd brake light.

"The rear bumper has most likely been off at one time or another"

Im confused, the 3 brake light in your ride is in the rear bumper.. not on the top of the rear hatch????????

Which ever it is I can point you there.

Do I get a makeup question?

Mike

Off the stop switch a single Light Blue runs to the 3rd brake light.

I'll look for this in the AM.

Im confused, the 3 brake light in your ride is in the rear bumper.. not on the top of the rear hatch????????

No, it's indeed on the hatch. I "ass"umed that the wiring for the brakes runs from the front of the car to the bumper to the HMSTL and that something got crossed in there.

Do I get a makeup question?

Um... let's see. <shuffle><shuffle> What's the airspeed of a swallow?

[RICHR]

Domestic or African?

HAHAHAHAHAH
Mike

balance control

you want a balance control???????????forget about it. if you did have a manual for the delco bose it would say......no such control exists. the balance is done by the radio itself electronically. go figure. I went thru the same search until i read owners manual. my solution was to go after market and get my very own balance control..now i'm a happy camper.

Rocko:wave

More Brakeing news

(Drewser,
"Roman" "Big Nose""follow the gourd"..Ah but I digress)

PROPERLY installed,

The stop light switch has 2 sections
one for the main stop lights which will flash with the hazard, since it the turn signals are wired with the stop lamp circut, the running lights are the second circut.

BUT
The 2nd switch section is a light blue, which should home run ( no connectors) up the the pillar ( thinking drivers side..not positive) to the 3rd HIGH mounted brake light. I would look under the dash first and make sure you have a two section switch first and find the light blue wire first.Put a test light on it, operate the brake..make sure it lights.. then try the hazard it shouldn't light.

Next
Remove the plastic trim pieces up top
(under the light,cabin interior) and that should start the hunt.

If the owner ADDED the 3rd light you should find some FUNKY wiring at that join point.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom