Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: courtesy lights blinking

95VETTE

Corvette
95 Polo Green
My courtesy lights are blinking/flashing while driving my 95 vette. I've read a few threads and tried a few things while driving the car. One thread suggested the door locks were not properly engaging so I hit the power locks on and off and it did nothing, messed with dimmer switch and still nothing. Got home last night and the lights would not time out. I opened the driver door and depressed the light switch and the lights timed out, I opened the drivers door and depressed the switch and the lights stayed on. I pulled the rh ctsy fuse and the lights stayed on, I replaced that fuse and pulled the lh ctsy fuse and the lights went out. I am not to electrical so when I read the shop manual schmatics it is like greek to me. I read there may be a timer box/relay under the passenger side of the dash, is it the door switch or the light/dimmer module? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
95vette

My courtesy lights are blinking/flashing while driving my 95 vette. I've read a few threads and tried a few things while driving the car. One thread suggested the door locks were not properly engaging so I hit the power locks on and off and it did nothing, messed with dimmer switch and still nothing. Got home last night and the lights would not time out. I opened the driver door and depressed the light switch and the lights timed out, I opened the drivers door and depressed the switch and the lights stayed on. I pulled the rh ctsy fuse and the lights stayed on, I replaced that fuse and pulled the lh ctsy fuse and the lights went out. I am not to electrical so when I read the shop manual schmatics it is like greek to me. I read there may be a timer box/relay under the passenger side of the dash, is it the door switch or the light/dimmer module? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
95vette

Before you get out any real tools or spend any money, try adjusting the door switches. In the center of the door switch plunger there is a little sub-plunger if you take a pin or small sharp blade and put it under the edge of the main plunger you can lift the sub-plunger out a couple of clicks. also inspect the door latch bolts on the door itself. they are the 3 or so Torx bolts on the edge of the door were the door pin latches into the door, I have seen them loosen in the past. also does the door pin have deep grooves in it too can effect the adjustment

Last edited:
Thanks Forrest. I'll take a look at your suggestions tonight when I get home

thanks again

If what I have suggested fails I have a couple of other things to try or look at
Was able to pull out the smaller plunger, re-inserted the fuse and the lights timed out. Didn't have time to give it a road test. But will do that later this week. thanks again Forrest. I also checked out the door and everything was tight and looked ok. hope this fixes it. Won't be able to get it out till tomorrow

Was able to pull out the smaller plunger, re-inserted the fuse and the lights timed out. Didn't have time to give it a road test. But will do that later this week. thanks again Forrest. I also checked out the door and everything was tight and looked ok. hope this fixes it. Won't be able to get it out till tomorrow

I had same problem with my 93 it went away for weeks than out of nowhere it returned it's some times is caused by the door closing a bit to far or a bit of play in the latch, when mine returned I readjusted the plunger and temporally put a small "O" ring from a power washer kit around the little plungers shaft it worked so well it became permanent , Granted is it the correct thing to do no but it beats playing with Door pins and possible window fit problems

Last edited:
Same here with a 93. I padded out the plastic that opens the door switch plunger just to see if that was causing the problem and it was. My interior lights would flash as well, caught it a few times. I too thought it was the timer circuit but it was just the switch not completely opening when the door or doors were shut. Do both sides.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom