Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CruiseFest 2011

I had to miss the last two years, but not this time. Count me in! :rotfl

:w
Guy

I'm in.

I plan on attending, just need details. The hotel is really a non issue, sleep is sleep.

The Days Inn was a good value for it's price this year but it did leave a lot to be desired. I travel a lot and stay at a wide range of hotels. I had planned on staying someplace else next year no matter what the group does just because I have so many free nights built up on the various hotel chain rewards cards I have.

I noticed that they have a Country Inn and Suites down the road. They are always nice. I can usually get a suite for $84. I think the summer rate goes up some but we should be able to negotiate a group rate of around that price and lower for regular rooms. Holiday Inn Express hotels are never a bad choice either. Having someone on the ground there to personnally talk to the manager and look over the facilities will make a difference. Every event that I have helped plan has always involved an on site inspection of the hotel and numerous meetings and calls with the management during the planning stages. The more rooms we can plan the more they will offer.

It's very heartwarming to see so much interest in CruiseFest 2011 so early on. If we can keep this going over the winter and into the spring this just might be the biggest and best one ever.

Tom

We are going to try to go this year!

The Days Inn was a good value for it's price this year but it did leave a lot to be desired. I travel a lot and stay at a wide range of hotels. I had planned on staying someplace else next year no matter what the group does just because I have so many free nights built up on the various hotel chain rewards cards I have.

I noticed that they have a Country Inn and Suites down the road. They are always nice. I can usually get a suite for $84. I think the summer rate goes up some but we should be able to negotiate a group rate of around that price and lower for regular rooms. Holiday Inn Express hotels are never a bad choice either. Having someone on the ground there to personnally talk to the manager and look over the facilities will make a difference. Every event that I have helped plan has always involved an on site inspection of the hotel and numerous meetings and calls with the management during the planning stages. The more rooms we can plan the more they will offer.

It's very heartwarming to see so much interest in CruiseFest 2011 so early on. If we can keep this going over the winter and into the spring this just might be the biggest and best one ever.

Tom

I agree totally Tom. This kind of pre-response is great. As the details start coming, I hope more and more will commit to attending. See you this summer Tom :w

5 months to go!!!!!

We are very pleased to announce that CruiseFest 2011, will be held at Mid America Motorworks in Effingham, IL next year.

We have not settled on dates yet, however, rest assured, it will probably be within the first two weeks of June. :upthumbs

Expect it to be bigger, better with more seminars and road tours!

Any new information concerning this years cruiseFest....starting to get antsy?????:W:W:W:W

Any new information concerning this years cruiseFest....starting to get antsy?????:W:W:W:W

We have recently contacted MAM and things will start to gather speed as we get some ground work done. So YES we are moving toward getting firm solid information up before long.

THANK YOU for the bounce here, and I hope we have a lot more members and non regular members get behind this year's CruiseFest and share the excitement of those that have attended ones in the past..

"starting to get antsy....." is GOOD :D :thumb

Bud

Don, as Bud has eluded to, things are beginning to take shape. And as we get info we will post it.

You're not the only one getting antsy. ;)

Fest 2011

Yes i''m getting the ich, it,s 20 and snow in st. Lou today..................................billy:)

I'm shooting at this being the first of many Cruisefests... the Z16 needs a few miles put on her.

I got my room reserved.

Yea, that's one itch taken care of.:beer

Reservations Made!!!!!

We're booked for June 9-11!!! Really itching to see all our corvette friends once again!!!!:W:W:W:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom