Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CruiseFest Registration is OPEN!!

Tom,

any idea how many folks have registered so far?:confused

Don

Don, I don't get that info. It goes straight to MAM and I have not heard a word.

I received my confirmation in the mail on Wednesday. So, "I'm in!"

I think this year may leave me as the sole person who has attended all the CruiseFests. Hmmm... :)

I received my confirmation in the mail on Wednesday. So, "I'm in!"

I think this year may leave me as the sole person who has attended all the CruiseFests. Hmmm... :)
Don't forget the precursor to CuriseFest ... the one and only "SharkFest"/pre CruiseFest event ;) remember the old Ramada Inn, and your introduction to "BLENDER WARS", that was actually Blender Wars II as it really started at the Rendezvous in 2001 :dance

Yep you are one hard core sumo***un and quickly promoted to Bender General... :pat

Bud
Edit: the word nazi didn't like sum of a gun ;)

Don't forget the precursor to CuriseFest ... the one and only "SharkFest"/pre CruiseFest event ;) remember the old Ramada Inn, and your introduction to "BLENDER WARS", that was actually Blender Wars II as it really started at the Rendezvous in 2001 :dance

Yep you are one hard core sumo***un and quickly promoted to Bender General... :pat

Bud
Edit: the word nazi didn't like sum of a gun ;)
SharkFest won't be forgotten for various reasons. That was my first unofficial CAC outing. I had only heard stories of the previous "Rendezvous".

As for Blender Wars this year...I'm gonna scale it back a little bit. Not get overly creative with the drinks. Keep 'em simple but effective. The key to enjoyment is in the subtleties of the drink. Last year was kind of sledgehammer approach which most people weren't down with. (in retrospect, expectedly so)

What about LT4man? He hasn't registered yet, but I think he is planning on attending.

What about LT4man? He hasn't registered yet, but I think he is planning on attending.
He's another one of the few 100%'ers, but haven't heard from him in a fortnight.

SharkFest won't be forgotten for various reasons. That was my first unofficial CAC outing. I had only heard stories of the previous "Rendezvous".

As for Blender Wars this year...I'm gonna scale it back a little bit. Not get overly creative with the drinks. Keep 'em simple but effective. The key to enjoyment is in the subtleties of the drink. ......
AND the of the LEGEND of the Blender Lives On, through the DawG's only protege.... :BOW "Andre"! :thumb :beer :drink :m :bar :lou :lou :lou :lou

Yoda

I have not chimed-in on this subject because the situation was looking a bit uncertain for me to attend; however, las Friday I was at my mediated settlement, and I was glad to find out that I will be keeping my stable intact, although her lawyer still tried to take my lovely Gail as a hostage (saying that common funds were used to paint her and fix her). :mad:mad;squint::bash

But I still have some work to do. Re-finance the house to get the ex's name off of it, and hopefully get it all done by June 9th. If I do, then I will hit the road in celemourning or mournbration of years past. :ugh;):):upthumbs

I am surprised that our CAC membership is sitting on the fence on this one. And all this, even after reporting last year the extent by which the Mid-America folks went out of their way to make last year's Cruise Fest a success????...:confused:confused:confused

Specially, since the membership seems to be growing everywhere. Rob has fought to keep this site ours, and you enjoy the fruits of his labor relatively without cost. Come on folks, just drive your rides and don't be lamenting later that you wished you had attended 2011's Cruise Fest.

I am also confused about the resistance to attend. A vast majority of you are driving refined machines that give you upwards of 30 miles per gallon on the highway. You could do that in a Honda, but hey, you get to do it on a Vette!!!:happyanim: Go green and let's go!:pat

I get 20 miles per gallon, and I am static!!! So come on, and decide to drive with us. This time will be for a little longer than your Sunday drive. You'll have a great time, and you'll be glad you got off the couch and attended. :thumb:thumb:thumb

Well said.:cool!:

Registered and ready to go. Will be there in my friends 57 Vette this year. He just finished restoring it. It is something to see. Break out the mixer it will be party time.

Everything that Gerry said... :w

Wish we could swing this....

But as usual life gets in the way. Having one son still going to Wayne State, and recovering from the ravaging our finances took during the recent layoff, I just can't manage the funds it would cost me.:ugh

A great group to hang with and Corvettes that rival any on the road.....
The friends and memories and the things I learned from the first Cruiesfest are second to none :upthumbs.

Good luck gang have a blast.:w

Chas

(This is one of the first ever photos of all 6 generations, even beat the NCM to it! Thanks to 6Shooter)

Auburnpics161-1.jpg

re

Would love to make it this year as I'm not doing anything that weekend and really need a road trip, but my Corvette is in Florida. It didn't like my 1.5 mile gravel driveway/road in West virginia. I could drive the Lexus but where's the fun in that. Like to see Tail of the Dragon again if you have a meet there this year.

Would love to make it this year as I'm not doing anything that weekend and really need a road trip, but my Corvette is in Florida. It didn't like my 1.5 mile gravel driveway/road in West virginia. I could drive the Lexus but where's the fun in that. Like to see Tail of the Dragon again if you have a meet there this year.
Hey, Glide! Good to hear from you again! If I recall, your car was "Ladies Choice" Award Winner at CruiseFest 2008.:w

ladies-choice-2008.jpg

The time is almost here. I'm packing up tomorrow, getting the Corvette cleaned up, loaded and ready. We are headed out Tuesday morning on the first leg of our journey, to Kansas City. Then Wednesday morning we will take off for Effingham.

There's still time folks to come to CruiseFest 2011. We would love to see you there.

I'll be doing the final clean up on my car Wednesday morning then splitting out sometime in the mid-afternoon. Probably arrive between 8p-10p local time. (I get to recover an hour on the drive west. :cool!:)

What do you all think about setting up some kind of list with either our room numbers or cell numbers?
I know that when I arrive, I like to meet up with the other members that are already there. Sometimes a group will be out at a restaurant or grabbing drinks somewhere. It's nice to be able to pop in and join the group!

"Dre, that sounds like a good idea. I have a few cell #'s in my phone, but I could set up an Excel file with that info.... if those attending want to PM me Cell#'s I'll put you on my list.

See you Wednesday 'Dre.

Car is clean as I just took it out of storage last Tuesday and haven't driven it yet other than to the upstairs garage. Leaving early Tuesday morning for KC, then on to Effingham on Wednesday afternoon. Hope we get a lot of late registrants.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom