Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

D98

ps374

Corvette
1984 Z51
I am trying to find ANY owner of and early C4 with this option code D98 on their storage bin. It is suppose to be and pin stripe that runs around the whole car just above the side molding. I am told it does not exist but I think it does as I spoke to a owner who claims he had it on his car.

Moving from New Member Introductions to the C4 tech forum...

D98 on a 1984 C4 is a speedometer sensor and so is a D9B

If you have a FSM D98 in the option section is a pin stripe. It is also listed in the 1984-1996 Gordon Killebrew option code book as Body side accent deck stripe. D9A and D9B as in Boy are the only speedo sensor listed reference number 25007224 and 25007308.

If you have a FSM D98 in the option section is a pin stripe. It is also listed in the 1984-1996 Gordon Killebrew option code book as Body side accent deck stripe. D9A and D9B as in Boy are the only speedo sensor listed reference number 25007224 and 25007308.
If you had the answer already why did you bother starting a thread and ask the question, by the way this site and 3 others I checked say it's a speedometer sensor and none show a pinstripe just ? marks by the RPO #'s.

If you had the answer already why did you bother starting a thread and ask the question, by the way this site and 3 others I checked say it's a speedometer sensor and none show a pinstripe just ? marks by the RPO #'s.

I am asking because I need a photo of the code on the storage bin for NCRS. There seems to be some doubt about this option being on any early C4s. I was told by the Killebrew people this option DOES exist and is not a speedo sensor. It is a rare option and if your early C4 has two thin pin stripe runing all around your C4 from front to the rear deck lid they belong on the car. I spoke with a owner some time ago who took them off his C4 because he thought they did not belong on the car. Since i lost his phone number i can not contact him for a picture. He has since replaced them. I thought my 84 had the option but a closer look on my storage bin what I thought was a 8 was a B. At present if your C4 has the pin stripes NCRS will take points off your cars judging which I believe is a mistake on their part. If you think i am making this stuff up call the Killebrew people. The NCM in Kentuckey is checking for me this infomation this week and I was promised a phone call next week concerning their findings.I believe it a real option code.

I know it has been years, but I sold these cars new and do not recall this option or any RPO for a pinstripe on a C4. Dealer installed yes, factory no. Good luck hunting though ;)

:beer

Oh no by no means do I think you're making this up that's why I took time to do a little research, but I will say that as I stated earlier there are question marks by these RPO codes in all the places I found and I would think that has something to do with your question at hand, good luck.

Oh no by no means do I think you're making this up that's why I took time to do a little research, but I will say that as I stated earlier there are question marks by these RPO codes in all the places I found and I would think that has something to do with your question at hand, good luck.

I will keep you guys posted as I get any info.

Stripe D98???

I am trying to find ANY owner of and early C4 with this option code D98 on their storage bin. It is suppose to be and pin stripe that runs around the whole car just above the side molding. I am told it does not exist but I think it does as I spoke to a owner who claims he had it on his car.
O'k I've been buying and fixing and selling a lot of C4's over the last few months and ran across this one today it's a 85 the guy say's it has never been wrecked and paint is all original. Now awhile ago you posted about a body pin stripe that you can't verify this Vette has a pin stripe that runs the length of the body and is like some Vette's that I have seen on the web that claim to be a factory pin stripe it's not exactly as what you describe but it is what I have seen that others say is factory, it runs the length of the body from bumper to bumper. So if you go to Jacksonville Fl. Craigslist cars and trucks by owner it's there you'll find it. The ad heading is 1985 Corvette Special Edition might give him a call and see if there is a RPO D98 on his storage bin door good luck.

Last edited:
O'k I've been buying and fixing and selling a lot of C4's over the last few months and ran across this one today it's a 85 the guy say's it has never been wrecked and paint is all original. Now awhile ago you posted about a body pin stripe that you can't verify this Vette has a pin stripe that runs the length of the body and is like some Vette's that I have seen on the web that claim to be a factory pin stripe it's not exactly as what you describe but it is what I have seen that others say is factory, it runs the length of the body from bumper to bumper. So if you go to Jacksonville Fl. Craigslist cars and trucks by owner it's there you'll find it. The ad heading is 1985 Corvette Special Edition might give him a call and see if there is a RPO D98 on his storage bin door good luck.

Thanks i will give it a try.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom