Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dad's Lookin

Stingray74CC

Corvette
Black Cherry 1969 Stingray
My dad is looking for a Convertible. He didn't specify a Vette, but he did ask me for help looking around so obviously I'm going to try and find him a Vette.

His Guidelines for approval:

1) Convertible
2) Around $15,000 or less
3) atleast 20 mpg highway (more is great of course)

I'm guessing that he could get an early 90s for this. Anyone have any suggestions on what's good and what I should stay away from.

On the slight chance that there is another decent car out there; he's open to suggestions.

my suggestion would be 86-90 Vette Convertible. I saw a nice 89 Coupe for 6k up here a few months ago so I would think you could get an 86-90 Conv. for less than 15k in good shape.

I second what Moe said cause the convertibles do have a premium over the coupes.

There are quite a few nice L98 convertibles out there to be had. As for the LT1 convertibles for that price, they might have a little more wear to em'.

Supposedly this lady has two conv. for sale. A 93 and a 87.

Jenny Keller
434-315-0306, Near Richmond, VA. Some others have called and left voice mails and she hasn't returned calls but it might be worth the time to give it another try. Don't know her personally but would go look at the cars if she and you get serious and want to make a deal. She seemed pretty anxious to sell them a month ago.

Randy

:CAC

Thanks for the info. I'm going to forward it to him. He's driving a Ford with over 200,000 miles on it. I'm not sure how that happened, but it's got three wheels in the grave.

I'm not sure how that happened, but it's got three wheels in the grave.

Most Fords come that way as Standard Equipment!!
:L

Good Hunting!!

Randy

:Steer

vette-dude said:
I'm not sure how that happened, but it's got three wheels in the grave.

Most Fords come that way as Standard Equipment!!
:L

Good Hunting!!

Randy

:Steer

:L:L:L Fixed Or Repaired Daily

q:beer

I just bought a 1989 conv. in great condition with 52k miles for a little over 12k. For 15k he should should have a good selection of late 80's or early 90's with reasonable milage and in great shape. Good Luck!:upthumbs

I recomend an 87 Chrysler LeBaron

:L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L :L

no offense to ne1 who owns one.

I just looked on ebay and there are a few 1989's available. Search for the years that you are interested in, or search other sites on the web for more cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom