Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Daily Driver

Dime

Corvette
1991 White w/ red ZR-1
How many of you use for c4 as a daily driver, as in if it rains you drive it, you need grocery's you drive it, you go to work or class you drive it, etc.

Just curious.

My Corvettes have always been my toys...so not here. :thumb

Not my daily driver for work, but just about everywhere else that we don't need a back seat or a trunk.
Rain ??? the car gets wet when you wash it, why should a little rain bother it? Drive it.

Glenn
:w

My Vette goes anywhere, anytime I need to go, excepting show/ice - those fat tires aren't safe then, that's what the Jeep Wrangler is for.

My 08 is a company car so I drive it a fair amount .(20,000 miles plus) .It does not get driven on Ice ,snow ,salt and sand .F250 4wd is my winter ride (with plow)

How many of you use for c4 as a daily driver, as in if it rains you drive it, you need grocery's you drive it, you go to work or class you drive it, etc.

Just curious.

I do..... 257k and still going strong...

Just curious.

Funny, I started a thread on the same subject:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ssion/118243-how-many-miles-so-am-i-nuts.html

My C4 has 92K miles. It's a new (rebuilt) water pump and coolant hoses but original clutch. It's almost a daily driver. I drive to to work often. I drove it in the rain today. Once the real snow hits (I live outside of Boston) I put it away for the winter, but it's on the road from April through November in general. I tend to avoid taking it if I have to park in the city, or to big mall parking lots but pretty much drive it everywhere else.

As many have said on this forum, the best advice I've had is "Drive it like you stole it!"

Every day, every where!

Mines a daily driver, but it looks like a show car! You have to put in some time and effort a few times a month, but its worth it!

Cannot beat driving a Vette every day!

Mine might as well be a daily Driver

As much fun as it is to drive I jump in mine as much as possible. I do tend not to drive here much during the winter. Colorado Roads suck most any day and with the sand and stuff they put on the roads when it snows mine isnt going to touch it. Its my Baby. When its not being driven I am polishing.

When I was stationed in Colorado the vette was my daily driver where it saw rain, hail and snow.
Tire selection makes a big difference in the winter handling characteristics of a C4

MIke

I have Both...Not Bragging I assure you...I'm just So Blessed.My 95' is my Daily Driver I kinda take the long way Home as much as possible.She has 81K Mi.My LT4 is a Garage Queen unfortunatly.I do Drive her as much as possible on weekends.Just turned 40K Mi.

I DON'T DRIVE MINE AS MUCH AS SHOULD. CAN'T TAKE IT TO WORK CAUSE I GET TOO DIRTY AND DON'T WANT TO GET IT DIRTY:thumb. HAS 50K MILES ON IT:thumb. TAKE IT OUT AS MUCH AS I CAN. :w

I have Both...Not Bragging I assure you...I'm just So Blessed.My 95' is my Daily Driver I kinda take the long way Home as much as possible.She has 81K Mi.My LT4 is a Garage Queen unfortunatly.I do Drive her as much as possible on weekends.Just turned 40K Mi.

Oooh, you did it. I'm so jealous! My '92 goes out most of the time that I do, but I do wish I had a newer one too! Good for you! :beer

I drive mine as much as I can. My biggest obstacle though is driving it to work during the warm summer months. I can't bring myself to let the car bake all day long. Spring and Fall though, pretty much game on. Some folks look at me weird when I drive it in temps below freezing. If the roads are clear, no worries.

I drive mine as much as I can. My biggest obstacle though is driving it to work during the warm summer months. I can't bring myself to let the car bake all day long. Spring and Fall though, pretty much game on. Some folks look at me weird when I drive it in temps below freezing. If the roads are clear, no worries.

Lucky you don't live out here in the Southwest... You'd get very little driving time if you don't want to let it "bake"... LOL! Just like rain/snow doesn't hurt a Vette neither does the heat. I've driven mine through Death Valley in the summer out here at 130 degrees. It cruises just fine and stays nice and cool with the stock cooling and A/C system. Parking out at work at 110 to 120 degrees and driving home in city traffic is no problem either. A Vette is a pretty capable vehicle in nearly all weather conditions.

Just curious.

Why not? I drive mine anytime I want... No restrictions. One reason I've never bought a new Vette is because you can get such a great deal on Vettes that some owners are trying to "preserve" for some reason. It's their car so they can do what they want but for me driving time is better than viewing time. I appreciate the fact that the previous owners take the depreciation hit and leave me a practically new Vette to enjoy on the road for a fraction of the cost. I take my Vette out and hit the road with it where I get the most enjoyment out of it. When the time comes I sell/trade it in and buy another. Vettes are fabulous machines to enjoy on the road. Stuffing them in a garage with a cover over them, rolling on and off a trailer just for a show or parking in a museum is just a waste in my honest opinion...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom