Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

DELIVERY! Cinnamon Girl II has arrived!

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
CG2 is now residing at her new home in my driveway!! :happyanim:

I haven't had much time to dedicate specifically to bond with her because of obligations and Holiday preparations, but we're still spending some quality time together. I drove her home - about 20 miles - after taking possession and I was immediately impressed. There's no doubt she's been well cared for.

She's absolutely beautiful! The paint is polished and virtually unmarked, her interior is spotless, the ride is outstanding! I can see what everyone has been going on about with the Michelin runflats - the ride does seem much quieter than my 98. BUT - it's too quiet. :chuckle I will definitely make a swap to the B&B exhaust - either swapping out the system from the 98 - or buying a new one altogether. And responsive! All I can say is WOW!

More later as she and I become better acquainted - time for some photos!

:wJane Ann

This was a happy sight to see!

attachment.php

This husband and wife team were really nice people!

attachment.php

My first glimpse of that familiar C5 rear.

attachment.php

I'm glad it didn't take long to unload her. I think I was holding my breath until she was resting on the pavement!

attachment.php

Gorgeous!!

attachment.php

Finally resting on Mother Earth again!

attachment.php

Getting up close and personal.

attachment.php

TAA-DAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

Gotta give a shout-out to GS Diva!!

A special thanks to my friend Elaine! :thanks: It was a pleasure working with her to close the deal and her calls, advice, and "over the phone" hand holding was outstanding and appreciated! You rock! :_rock

Color me happy!! :woot:

So very glad Cinnamon Girl II arrived safe and sound!! I can just imagine how great that first drive was!!!!! Enjoy her as I know you will. It was my pleasure working with you. I know how anxious things can seem when you are buying something you haven't even seen!!!! :happyanim:

Elaine

Congrats again Jane Ann! We have friends in the club with one like yours and I think they were even involved in the 50th Anniversary at the NCM a few years ago. I'm sure you will have many happy miles together.

Ron
"Baldie88"

:thumb Jane Ann... ah what I meant was 2x :thumb :thumb

CGII sure is an eye catcher ;) and I am sure you look Very Good behind the Wheel :Steer

Bud

Great pictures of a GREAT Vette, Jane Ann!

Your '98 was beautiful. This one is even better!

While driving your beautiful Vette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Very nice Jane Ann!!!
What did ya do with CGI?

Not sure I can tell from your posts....but I'd bet you're so excited you nearly peed your pants. :D I would have been. :thumb

She looks great, but then the 50th anniversary model is one of my favorites. :w

Yes to all of the above. Re: Tim :L - I understand. If you'd jinxed it I'd have likely tracked you down and throttled you instead of CG2. ;LOL

I still have the 98 but will probably sell her sometime after the first of the year.

More later. . . mom is calling. :w

... Re: Tim :L - I understand. If you'd jinxed it I'd have likely tracked you down and throttled you instead of CG2... ;LOL

:L Can't say I'd have blamed you! I may have voluntarily submitted myself for disciplinary action...!

... I still have the 98 but will probably sell her sometime after the first of the year...

I'm assuming that's the "Toreador Red Metallic" paint (apparently called "Light Carmine Red Metallic" in 1997 -- RPO 53U)...? Only about 500 C5 convertibles were made in that color -- ever... Bit of a minor rarity...

I'm assuming that's the "Toreador Red Metallic" paint (apparently called "Light Carmine Red Metallic" in 1997 -- RPO 53U)...? Only about 500 C5 convertibles were made in that color -- ever... Bit of a minor rarity............................

Interesting tidbit:

On the 98 Production and Performance page: Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C5 | 1998 | 1998 Corvette Production Figures and Performance Reviews

RPO 53U is listed as Toreador Red Metallic - 513 Domestic convertibles produced.

On the 98 RPO Codes page: Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C5 | 1998 | 1998 Corvette Regular Production Option Codes (RPOs)

RPO 53U is listed as Lt. Carmine Red Metallic.

However; on both the reproduction buildsheet and reproduction window sticker I purchased from the NCM, it is listed as
RPO 53U Lt. Carmine Red Metallic.

I don't know where the Toreador Red Metallic came in.

:w

Interesting tidbit:

On the 98 Production and Performance page: Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C5 | 1998 | 1998 Corvette Production Figures and Performance Reviews

RPO 53U is listed as Toreador Red Metallic - 513 Domestic convertibles produced.

On the 98 RPO Codes page: Corvette Action Center | Model Center | C5 | 1998 | 1998 Corvette Regular Production Option Codes (RPOs)

RPO 53U is listed as Lt. Carmine Red Metallic.

However; on both the reproduction buildsheet and reproduction window sticker I purchased from the NCM, it is listed as
RPO 53U Lt. Carmine Red Metallic.

I don't know where the Toreador Red Metallic came in.

Huh! That is curious...! I've seen similar things with the paint name connected to my '89 Firebird: a lot of places now list the color as something like "Maui Blue [Metallic];" on my window sticker, it's called "Silver Blue Metallic." Same RPO (23U, as I recall)... ;shrug So I call it what's printed on the window sticker; sounds like you're doing the same! :thumb

As an aside, I read somewhere that some of the stickers for the early-production Aztec Gold C5's only read "Aztec Gold," whereas the later cars (mine included) read "Aztec Gold Metallic." So it sounds like GM confuses even itself -- even within the span of 15 vehicles... ;)

I hope you get some quality bonding time this weekend. She's a beaut.

Tom

B E A U T I F UL !
I don't drive mine often enough. Took her out today. Nice day. I forget each time how enjoyable it is!! Enjoy it Jane Ann. :thumb
Paul:w

Thanks guys!

I don't have the tech savvy to give a detailed account of the 'ride', which I'm guessing is the result of the Magnetic Selective Ride Control. Hib explains the technical side of this option much better than I ever could: Corvette Action Center Knowledgebase :: 2003: Technical Article: Magnetic Ride - Star Wars Meets the 50th Car

I can, however, offer the layman's 'seat of the pants' review in two words: absolutely amazing. The ride is incredibly smooth and comfortable. The sense of control is such that I find myself giving less thought to bumps and dips I'm familiar with on roads I've driven frequently for years. There's actually a bad place on the highway on my way home which I expect road crews to begin work on soon - it's a bump which has gotten so bad that I change lanes to avoid it in my 98. As an experiment I purposely went over it in CG2 last night at 65 mph. Although the bump lived up to it's name 'bump', that was it. . . there was no sense of sideways movement or feeling of being very close to the edge of the control curve. CG2 handled that one nicely thank you very much. And looked stunning while she did it, too, I might add. :D

The bonding continues.
Stay tuned.
:wJane Ann

WOOHOO!
Congrats Jane Ann, she's a real beauty! Glad to hear you're so happy with her.

-JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom