Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Desperate for a reliable mechanic in the Northern Virginia area

• Thread starter Thread starter jedi
  • Start date Start date
J

jedi

Guys,

I have got to find a trust worthy mechanic in the Northern Virginia area. Too many of my repairs have to be redone more than once (Oil Pan Gasket, Transmission Pan Gasket, Intake Valve, and others over the past 6 months). I know I should not have gone to Jiffy lube for my trans pan gasket so let's not even mention that. But I would expect a local dealer to repair the car correctly with less than 3 tries. I have my vette (my poor poor baby) at Sterling, and they are fixing a problem that Pohanka had to repair 3 times in the past 8 months or so. There were other issues Pohanka had to have at least two tries to repair. I have all my receipts and thankfully it's under warranty, but this is ridicules. I don't have the time to do the work myself, so I need to rely on a professional. I have got to find a good group. I think Sterling Chevrolet is good but expensive. Does anyone locally have someone they trust? Rob your local, where do you take your ZR1?
Jedi

It gets better.....

:cry Once the dealer is done repairing my intake gasket, then I get to take it back to Jiffy for them to fix their screwup, then I take to a third place to once again have my oil pan replaced.:hb Well the good news is most of it is under warranty.

I take all my vettes (4 so far) to Cooper Corvettes in Triangle VA (Dumfries). Actually my car is there now. Their head mechanic, Tom, is very good. They are not always the cheapest but you know it will get done right the first time. They also won’t try to screw you with guess work. If you can find the parts cheaper they usually let you bring your own. Good luck

http://www.coopercorvettes.com/

Cooper Corvettes
18313 Jefferson Davis Highway, Triangle, VA 22172
Phone (703) 445-1483
Fax (703) 445-1504

both Rob & Crispy posted the two places I would have said :v :beer

Crispy, I remember when Tom's rate was 20 bucks, on the side :eek That was back in the days when he was getting started at the Diesel place down the road...

Good luck Jedi

Thanks for the suggestions, but Triangle is 1.5 hours away. To far for me go, but I will look into the Tyson's option.

jedi said:
Guys,

I have got to find a trust worthy mechanic in the Northern Virginia area. Too many of my repairs have to be redone more than once (Oil Pan Gasket, Transmission Pan Gasket, Intake Valve, and others over the past 6 months). I know I should not have gone to Jiffy lube for my trans pan gasket so let's not even mention that. But I would expect a local dealer to repair the car correctly with less than 3 tries. I have my vette (my poor poor baby) at Sterling, and they are fixing a problem that Pohanka had to repair 3 times in the past 8 months or so. There were other issues Pohanka had to have at least two tries to repair. I have all my receipts and thankfully it's under warranty, but this is ridicules. I don't have the time to do the work myself, so I need to rely on a professional. I have got to find a good group. I think Sterling Chevrolet is good but expensive. Does anyone locally have someone they trust? Rob your local, where do you take your ZR1?
Jedi
Countryside Mobil Sterling VA-Clyde Vick, Tell him Dick Cox sent you! #'s in the book-Clyde owns about 6 Vettes, 1995 included-The Best
Corvette Mechanic in N. VA, owns the station, well known in corvette circles.
Ex-Air Traffic Controller (Class of 1981) DCA!!!!

DCAATC
Dick Cox:cool

The current issue of corvette fever has a list of recommended vette repair facilities in the US. Good Luck, Guy

vetteguy said:
The current issue of corvette fever has a list of recommended vette repair facilities in the US. Good Luck, Guy
Take a list FWIW - I have noted at least one shop in there that dosen't know how/why, they keep getting added as they have little to do w/ Vettes :confused

Joe @ Koons or Tom @ Coopers - those are your best bets in the area :upthumbs

Clyde Vick, Countryside MOBIL, Sterling VA 1-703-444-4550 "Best Vette Mechanic in Northern Virginia"!!!!!!

I've been using 'Rogers Sunoco' in Manassas for years. Great work and very fair prices. I've never felt 'ripped off' and they never replace parts without knowing they're bad.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom