Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Did this mystery guest bid on the C7R?

mangusta1969

Corvette
92 CR1;04 C5; 91 Aerobody Vert (nonTT)
See attached picture and answer the questions.

1. Did this man bid on the C7R at the Barrett-Jackson auction?
2. If so, how much did he bid?
3. Did he get in trouble with certain powerful family members?
4. Did he get confused later and travel in a different car through the auction process?

Stay tuned for more Barrett-Jackson auction pictures and answers to these questions.

Sledgehammer Just Before the Auction Hammer

Here's the Sledgehammer and the Twin Turbo ZR1 Speedster, just before the auction hammer dropped on both of them on January 24th at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Phoenix.

Both of them sold well below my expectations, but well above my available wallet power. If others with better notes don't post the actual sales prices, I will verify the prices later and post them, but the Sledgehammer went for just over $200K ($205K, I think) and the Speedster was sold to the same Colorado bidder for approximately $185K.

Who the heck is the guy sitting in the car? What is that Callaway's nephew or something?

Yes your right about the prices. I just posted in another thread about this. The Sledge Hammer is awesome. I remember reading about it back in 88 in Car and Driver or something and my jaw dropped when I read it did 254mph! The same guy bought ALL four of them! Lucky stiff!

are all these cars on the block because when "daddy" died did he not leave all the money to "sonnyboy" ???

Tony C. said:
I think it was Reeves's long lost brother , Pedro. ;)

LOL!! Pedro Hose A Rodriguez!

I've watched the video over and over again-- and the badge around his neck looks like a spectator badge. "Badges? We don't need no stinkin bidder badges!" ;)

I'm watching my video again, and did I see this "Pedro" guy ride up on to the stage in the Sledgehammer?

EricVonHa & Tony C. said:
Originally Posted by Tony C.
I think it was Reeves's long lost brother , Pedro.

Originally Posted by ERIC VON HA
LOL!! Pedro Hose A Rodriguez!

I've watched the video over and over again-- and the badge around his neck looks like a spectator badge. "Badges? We don't need no stinkin bidder badges!" ;)
You guys are too much ;LOL:m

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom