Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dings and scratches

KingCorvette

Corvette
Do you ever get upset sometimes when after close inspection you
find new scratches and door dings. My Vette was spotless after
5 years now this year I found 3 scratches. I tried touch up paint
but I think it now looks worse. Do you get upset when you find
dings and scratches on your corvette?

Are you kidding me, I get upset when I find new ones on my DD Ford Focus.

You dont want to be around when I find one on the Vette...

You mean like the day my wife decided to sit on the driveway with the beach chair. She took the chair out the side door and as she walked by the car with the car cover the chair sprung open and hit the side of my Vette. Needless to say it had a chip the side of a pin head down to the gel coat. I wasn't happy that day but I kept my mouth shut.

Is that the kind of thing your talking about?:mad

Yes, Ive tried to keep my vette showroom new and it never fails
someone brushes against it with something and look another scratch.
Drives me crazy!!!!!!!

I live in Colorado and have a 0.6 mile dirt road that must be travelled between the driveway and paved road so I get dings on them (and my windshields get pits also) as well as on the roads in Colorado. That being said, it was very difficult for me to accept the fact that dings and scratches happen. I get angry, upset, etc., but don't fret anymore and just hope for the best. Life can be cruel, but driving the vettes is a great remedy as I don't see the scratches and dings (do see the windshield pits) sort of like the front license plate scenario. If I didn't want dings and scratches, I would have two garage queens and would have to trailer the vettes everywhere. I bought them to drive, not to look at them only.
Barrett

BruceBed said:
You mean like the day my wife decided to sit on the driveway with the beach chair. She took the chair out the side door and as she walked by the car with the car cover the chair sprung open and hit the side of my Vette.

Here's how I keep that from happening.......

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-21.jpg

Yes, but the bad stuff never happens to my beater or work truck.

It's like there's a bad karma around something your cherish.

[QUOTE =BruceBed]You mean like the day my wife decided to sit on the driveway with the beach chair. She took the chair out the side door and as she walked by the car with the car cover the chair sprung open and hit the side of my Vette.

Here's how I keep that from happening.......

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-21.jpg
[/QUOTE]The ironic thing is the car is kept of sight where no one can get to it. The one time I bring it home to go in the house(bam).

I'll tell you;it took every ounce of restraint in my bones to keep my mouth shut and temper under wraps.

She was willing to pay for a repaint, etc. I will call her chips in one day.

Long ago I accepted that if you use a car it deteriorates. No matter how hard you try to avoid it, stuff happens.
That is the very reason I didn't buy a show quality corvette.
I was able to save a bunch of cash and when the next ding hit I was able to shrug my shoulder with the attitude that somewhere down the line it would get severe enough damage that it would need extensive work. After nearly 5 yrs it happened this spring.. Rear 3/4 of the car has now been painted. Now waiting for someone to back into the front.:L

Glenn
:w

I do my best to keep my Vette looking great but I also realize that on the road things happen. Most people I know think my Vette is flawless because I always keep it looking so nice... But I know it's not. I bought my Vette to drive not to look at... So I just take it in stride. I'd prefer to drive my Vette with a few flaws rather than trailer it around or look at it sitting in a garage. JMHO...

As long as they're small chips and minor scratches, like my friend 67HEAVEN replied to his painter after the roundtrip to CruiseFest06:

...I consider them Road Warrior Badges.

:thumb

:wJane Ann

I drive mine very little,it has only 12900 miles on it,, BUT, for the life of me I can not figure out where new dings or scratches come from, I don,t park it near anyone, I will walk from the back of a parking at a mall or store,, and then when I glass it, i find something new, Errr :bash

Road stuff (dings and scratches) I understand. What I don't understand is when people that stop to look at a Vette; have to have their picture taken while touching or leaning on it.

:boogieWas at a car show recently, had tire shine on the entire front tire and when I returned to the car after getting a snack I saw a lady sitting on the tire having her picture taken! Walked away with an oily tire tread pattern on the back of her pants, thought about it later and wished I had taken her picture.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom