Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do I have to replace the whole Dash!?

S

sscam69

Well I will get to the point

The latch that the lock connects to keep the glove box door closed was broken. and as i was tinkering with it it completely came off. I had checked this out a long time ago and I though it was connected (bolted) to the glove box. Sure enough I pull the glove box out and find out it attaches to the dash. I was wondering

DO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE DASH JUST TO FIX THE LATCH!!

sorry for that outburst. It seems redicules. I don't want to just slap something together that will work. I am trying to restore her little by little and this is just one of those details, but at the moment I don't money to replace the dash.

I am hoping that someone will tell me its easier than I think.

please help!!!

sscam69

p.s. will post pics soon

Well, believe it or not I just went through this.... as I'm doing the same thing as you are just plucking away at getting it back to where it should be.
When I was looking at mine someone had broken it too. They had put a long piece of plastic across the top where the hook end screws in to the dash. they had screwed the long piece into the dash part and then screwed the hook into the plastic. I ended up geting a new dash, but it was working properly. good luck
tom

must be common

I have an '81, and somewhere in the previous line of owners, the same thing happened. Right now I simply have a piece of hanger stretched across the gap. As far as I know, the only real fix is a new dash, because it seems like that part is integrated.

Hope this helps.

T Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom