Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do you folks name you cars?

• Thread starter Johnnykretentiv
  • Start date
J

Johnnykretentiv

My wife and I have always named our cars. It helps us think of them as members of the family. Yes sometimes we :mad at them just like a family member too.

Here are our names for the cars -

Dagmar - The Jaguar
Bully - The Mustang
Ebisu - The White Corvette

Ebisu is the Buddhist God of Fishermen and Fortune. Also the Deity of Honest Labor.

I know this is a silly thread but do you folks name your cars?

I call my Silverado "The Big Greenie". I give cars nicknames instead of using human names. The car's color always seems to come into play with it's naming.

"Brown Trout"- a ford truck that I used for work one summer. A real piece of crap, hence the name.

"Blue Whale"- was the huge blue Chevy I used the next summer. Big old lumbering thing with a 305 cui.

I had a friend in high school with a green '68 GMC pickup he referred to as the "Green Machine". :eyerole To his dismay, everyone else called it "The Green Goblin".

I had a white Taurus that we called the Albatross. Boy was that thing a piece of garbage!!!!!

I almost didn't get my white vette just for that reason.

A dreamer of pictures I run in the night
You see us together, chasing the moonlight,
My cinnamon girl.

Yep. Cinnamon Girl she is.

:wJane Ann

"JetBlu" :)
Andy :w

I had an old Datsun pickup my kids named "The Gutless Wonder". My black '97 was "Darth" or "Vader". My current Z06 is schizophrenic; sometimes it is "Baby" and sometimes it is "Brutus" or "The Brute".

I haven't named the Vette yet but I did have names for some vehicles that I have owned. I had a 74 Land Cruiser that was B B Bruiser, Blue Bun Bruiser. I had a 93 Astro that was dubbed the Teal Mobile and that was what we called it from then on. I had a couple of other vehicles that I refered with other names but I don't think I can use them here.

Usually I'm not particularly imaginative.

My slate 300M was "Gray"
My silver GSF1200 was "Silver"
My MSG Coupe is "Deuce" <= girlfriend named it, I would've gone with "Grey 2" :L

"JetBlu" :)
Andy :w

Now I like that- but I wouldn't recommending taking aboard a passenger, and making them wait seven hours on a stretch of asphalt without moving, before telling them the trip was cancelled. That got your car's namesake airline in some trouble this past Valentines Day, as I recall.

My Z06, I simply refer to as "Zix," or "Zixxer."

My '93 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special, on the other hand, is the Tony Soprano Mobile.

-Patrick

My wife and I have always named our cars. It helps us think of them as members of the family. Yes sometimes we :mad at them just like a family member too.

Here are our names for the cars -

Dagmar - The Jaguar
Bully - The Mustang
Ebisu - The White Corvette

Ebisu is the Buddhist God of Fishermen and Fortune. Also the Deity of Honest Labor.

I dubbed the Vette MOJO, because I found mine the day I bought it! ;)

old girl

I call mine the old girl, after all she's 43, until she breaks someting, then I call her

xxxxxxx!!@#

:)

It's "the orange one" or "the silver one" and of course "BudMan's".

Hecox

If it's silly, I'm Queen of the Sillies. We not only name our cars, it's a theme! It all started with Babe the Big Blue Ox, the '78 Ford 3/4-ton van. Then there was The Green Machine (an Olds Cutlass), Black Beauty (Olds Alero), and too many others to remember.

The best though was when my younger son bought his first car at age 16 (2 years ago) - a '74 Jeep Wagoneer that had seen a few miles of hard roads, school-bus yellow, and paid his entire life savings of $1000 for it. At dinner one night he said, "I think I'm going to name it 'Old Yeller'." Older son just looked at him and said, "You do know, one day you're going to have to take it out back and shoot it."
;LOL

I currently drive Big Red.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom