Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

does anyone know what a steering wheel with zora arkus duntovs autograph means

monika12686

Corvette
1974 sting ray
I have a 1974 sting ray with zora arkus duntovs autograph engraved on the steering wheel and cannot find any information on why its signed or what it means does anyone know?

Monika-

:welcome

I have a 1974 sting ray with zora arkus duntovs autograph on the steering wheel and cannot find any information on why its signed or what it means does anyone know?

Wow- what a cool piece of history!

I think Zora was one of those guys who would sign Vette stuff that people brought to him. He seemed really approachable with Vette memorabilia from what I've gathered from stories I've heard from others who had all kinds of stuff signed by him.

I'd say it adds more detail to the specialness of the car and the people who may have owned it in the past.

EDIT: Saw the attachment. Looks like it is engraved and not signed by hand.

Well im planning on selling the car so i was wondering if it makes a difference in the price to list it at. I researched it and Zora was one of the biggest guys in the corvette industry but the steering wheel has the imprint of his autograph so i wondered if it makes any difference when selling.

I can't answer your inquiry but I wanted to stop by and say hi and :welcome

The autograph sounds interesting! What do you know of your Corvette's history? Is it possible that Zora autographed it during some past Gathering a previous owner may have attended?

Tell us as much about your Vette as you're comfortable sharing. And post photos if and when you're able. We've got a great group of C3 owners here!

Good luck with your search!
:wJane Ann

Well im planning on selling the car so i was wondering if it makes a difference in the price to list it at. I researched it and Zora was one of the biggest guys in the corvette industry but the steering wheel has the imprint of his autograph so i wondered if it makes any difference when selling.

I wouldn't think so - as Vettehead Mikey said, that was a fairly common aftermarket item anyone could buy. When Zora signed something personally, he did so with a white paint pen. :)

I have a 1974 sting ray with zora arkus duntovs autograph engraved on the steering wheel and cannot find any information on why its signed or what it means does anyone know?

Yes, that the item I was thinking of- they came in brushed steel or black. Depending on the buyer, they may give you a few bucks extra or maybe offer less to cover the cost of putting the correct wheel back on.

I was bidding on one on flea-bay and got into a sparing match with some person, i drove the price over $300 before I laughed and watched it go to him;LOL

Apologies - Temporary thread hijack...

I wouldn't think so - as Vettehead Mikey said, that was a fairly common aftermarket item anyone could buy. When Zora signed something personally, he did so with a white paint pen. :)
Thanks for sharing that photo John. I wish I could have met the man.

I don't have an autograph but I carry his mark on my C5 just the same:

HPIM0315_SIG.jpg

:wJane Ann

We now return you to the discussion in progress. ;)

gmjunkie came across one of those wheels when he found his rare 1969 3-speed. (Thread here)

Very cool picture John. I'm actually searching for something signed by Zora that i could display. Slim pickin's though.......

Got him to sign my 1992 Corvette Homecoming program in 1992 while he was seated on the "Corvette Bulldozer" at the Museum groundbreaking ceremony. My wife said the look on my face was like a kid in a toy story. What a friendly man he was....

I have several photos from the event. I would be very interested in swapping them for a few more of the crowd scene with Zora on the bulldozer to get a better photo with me in it. The one I have is so so. PM if interested.

Thanks

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom