Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dog Mistery

B

Bud Porter

Hi there Gentlemen:
I have finished rebuilding the corvette and it looks perfect. I want to thank all of you for your help. I have put it up for sale and took it out to my sons house for the advertisment and sale . I have had several calls. But on the third day i had it for sale . My son has a rot dog that weights about 130lbs. A squirrel got up under the hood and the dog has scratched the hood from end to end ,scratched the wind shield, ate the wipers,chewed the fender and ripped it, Tore the dust skirts under the front of the car, chewed a hole in both the front tires. I am back to square No. 1

OUCH!

Sorry

Vig!
( Well at least he didn't pee on it!)

Bud Porter said:
Hi there Gentlemen:
I have finished rebuilding the corvette and it looks perfect. I want to thank all of you for your help. I have put it up for sale and took it out to my sons house for the advertisment and sale . I have had several calls. But on the third day i had it for sale . My son has a rot dog that weights about 130lbs. A squirrel got up under the hood and the dog has scratched the hood from end to end ,scratched the wind shield, ate the wipers,chewed the fender and ripped it, Tore the dust skirts under the front of the car, chewed a hole in both the front tires. I am back to square No. 1

Holy Freaking Crap!!! :eek............I am sorry for your loss Bud. I can only imagine the anger, heartache and disbelief all combined. :(

Nick

OUCH!

i know a good taxidermist , if your son is in need of one!;)

Bad dog! Bad dog!!

I feel for you!
Heidi

one more: Bad dog! :nono

Bud Porter --- A squirrel got up under the hood and the dog has scratched the hood from end to end ,scratched the wind shield, ate the wipers,chewed the fender and ripped it, Tore the dust skirts under the front of the car, chewed a hole in both the front tires.

I feel your pain, I have a 1967 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL sedan that my one year old coon hound destroyed the interior. It was perfectly original, and now its just sad.

:(

Wanna trade my backseat for your wipers???

Good Luck!!!

Wow! And you can still talk about this calmly??:eek :eek :cry :cry

Elaine

GS Diva --- Wow! And you can still talk about this calmly

I can replace my 67. I have another 68 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL sedan. But what makes me talk about it calmly is that fact that I cant replace my dog. Shes a part of my family, and even though what she did was very frustrating, it has been a joy watching her grow up.

Now if it was the neighbor's dog, that would be another story.

:)

I might get a lot of junk for this... but its just a car. Get over it. People are dying half way around the world... and here I am complaining that I cant get my VETTE finished in time for the rally on APRIL 5.

Jason,
You've got one hell of a great perspective on life.

:cool

Carlo:pat

Yikes!! I don't think I could or would be this calm. I admire how you have handled this. What a shame for your car....

Re: OUCH!

vettedude73 said:
i know a good taxidermist , if your son is in need of one!;)
I'm with you! and i'm a dog owner. chow chow

There would be one more animal head on my wall by now....... :( :eek :mad :r

Bud Porter said:
the dog has scratched the hood from end to end ,scratched the wind shield, ate the wipers,chewed the fender and ripped it, Tore the dust skirts under the front of the car, chewed a hole in both the front tires.

If you take a small piece of lead and put it in its ear ...

If a dog did that to mine, now I may not be an expert, but I would think that the dog has a mineral deficency. Not enough lead. As a caring human, I would endeavor to correct that situation.

Best of luck

Mike

Damn man, that sounds like a tremendous amount of damage. That IS a dangerous animal:blow . I'm with Daryl. Makes me sick to hear that, but I'd be sicker to see some pics:puke . Sounds like a homeowners claim to me.

Moonunit 451 -- Damn man, that sounds like a tremendous amount of damage.

Hey Bud, you wanna take some pictures and see which who's car is worse??? Maybe we could start a poll.

:Twist

all in the family

You know, the taxidermist idea makes sense here. The dog could still be in the family. I feel your pain..and that of the poor squirrel. He must have felt a lot like Saddam and bin Laden

Moonunit 451 said:
Damn man, that sounds like a tremendous amount of damage. That IS a dangerous animal:blow . I'm with Daryl. Makes me sick to hear that, but I'd be sicker to see some pics:puke . Sounds like a homeowners claim to me.
homeowners is a good piont! then the lead.

Sorry guys, the dog is a dog, all fault belongs to the owner. Unless you are willing to kill your own child do not go for the dog.

A herd of goats camped on the hood and roof of my Tahoe when it was 5 days old with similar results. So what am I supposed to do, go ¨Dirty Harry or Death Wish¨ and waste a bunch of dumb animals? Does it fix the car? Does it make me a better ¨MAN¨?

No I am not an activist of any kind. I have probably killed more of all species than most folks on this forum and have the medals to prove it.

So let’s try this:
Take full responsibility for every thing you do in life including where you park your Vette.
Do not blame any one or thing for the bad things that happen to you.
No mater how much you love it the Vette is just a car. You could lose it and your life in the next curve.
Remember, you were borne butt necked and Vettless, You are going to die that way no mater how hard you try not to.
In a very few years none of this will make any difference anyway.

BTW none of what I said was pointed at Bud Porter , he shared his grief with the community, no fault in that. Hey guy, I am really sorry for you. How can we help you pick up the pieces and get on with it?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom