Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Downshifting question in paddle shifters

Damianjr17

So I was reading the owners manual for the 2013 corvette grand sport 1LT and I came across the downshift section but what I was wondering the speed it says does that mean that's the highest speed I can downshift into?
For example: Into 2 (Second) gear over120 km/h (75 mph). [FONT=PI_chars_1]. [/FONT]Into 1 (First) gear over 68 km/h(42 mph). What does this mean?

So I was reading the owners manual for the 2013 corvette grand sport 1LT and I came across the downshift section but what I was wondering the speed it says does that mean that's the highest speed I can downshift into?
For example: Into 2 (Second) gear over120 km/h (75 mph). [FONT=PI_chars_1]. [/FONT]Into 1 (First) gear over 68 km/h(42 mph). What does this mean?

I am no rocket scientist but to me that would be showing you the maximum speed at which the tranny will permit a paddleshift "downshift" anything over that it wouldnt initiate. Therefore if you were in 3rd going 79 mph it wont let you downshift to 2nd until the car is going 75mph or less like wise in 2nd gear going 45 it wont allow a downshift until the car hits 42 or less

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom