Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dreaded NO START HELP

Junk to the rescue

Way to go Junk. I was lurking in the back ground wanting to add my 2c but I know you to well to second guess you. As a side note that connector on the top of the opti has caused me more greif than the IRS. I finally got it to keep out water and not corrode. One question My 93 runs real good now until the engine gets to 230 in traffic and then I get an intermitent one time miss and then in about 10 seconds it happens again. when I get out of traffic and the temp drops back down to 208 the miss goes away. Out side of that it runs so hard that my classes have left perminent rings around my eyes:boogie

I think to confirm that one batch is NOT dead, is to put the test light on at least 5 injectors. Then you're assured of getting at least 1 injector from the second batch (I don't know what the grouping is of each 'batch').
Drivers Side
Bank 1= INJ 1 fuse = 1,3,5,7
Passenger Side
Bank 2= INJ 2 fuse = 2,4,6,8

:thumb

The GM Junkie Solves another one!!

It was the coil after all. So my folks are bringing her back home tomorrow.

Now to add insult to injury I drove my 97 Grand Cherokee to the grocery store a few minutes ago and coming back I lost power steering. The pulley blew apart. Aint that a kick in the head!! Hopefully I didn't get it too hot coming home.

The Opti always seems to get the bad Rap!!:L:L:L

Glad they got it going!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I need your billing address!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

OK! So, what Opti are you going with? MSD? Dynaspark? LTCC? OEM? Reman? :W

Wait a darn tootin' minute! The Opti WASN'T the culprit! :boogie

I just LOVE these threads! ;LOL;LOL;LOL

Another Opti SAVED from certain death! :boogie

junk, thanks again for your service to the Opti community! :boogie

AFTER REPLACING YOUR GOOD OPTISPARK, DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

junk, thanks again for your service to the Opti community! :boogie

AFTER REPLACING YOUR GOOD OPTISPARK, DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

There's an Opti community?????????? That doesn't sound right. ;squint:

110,000 miles on my original Opti. Changed cap & rotor at 90,000 miles.

AFTER CHANGING YOUR OPTI, DON'T FORGET TO SAVE THE :w!

Just a short follow up... The car runs better now than ever. It always had a little miss when sitting at a red light but that's gone now. I also noted that the fuel milage average has gone up from 17.9 to 22.7.Tommorow we are taking a road trip to Charlottesville to see the son and family. Cross your fingers!!

By the way I didnt WANT to change the OPTI , Its just that there's been so much OPTI madness I've read, that I was preparing for the worst. I'm Tickled that it wasnt the opti.

Thanks again Junkie!!

oooo opti fun !

changed opti in my 95 lt1 formula .. wow, lot easier in a vette,

put in an Accel from Jegs, worked really good.

glad to hear it wasn't your opti,

too bad about your other car... sheesh, that's not so bad, I had my two cars crap out and my wife's car crap out on the SAME DAY, not that long ago. That is what prompted the sale of the Formula .. freaking piece of dung ...

I will never ever ever buy another car with an lt1 engine it, no matter what. I'd get rid of that lt1 and toss in an Ls1 instead. way better engine.

good luck!
tk:beer

I have a similar problem on my 92... circumstances made me think it was bad gas to start with, but pushed it to the shop (thankfully it's less than a block away), and fuel system checks out okay. They're sayin it's ignition, and pointing to the Opti (of course). Is there any way to test the coil and ICM before replacing them?

I have a similar problem on my 92... circumstances made me think it was bad gas to start with, but pushed it to the shop (thankfully it's less than a block away), and fuel system checks out okay. They're sayin it's ignition, and pointing to the Opti (of course). Is there any way to test the coil and ICM before replacing them?
Yep,It's all in the GM,Motor,Haynes or Chilton's Service Manuel!!:thumb Get one if you don't have one, You'll need it!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

PS Check and clean every ground first thing,Grounds cause Electronics to do weird SH*T!! I find them to be a problem more than any other thing on these cars,Especially in Florida!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

PS. I'll be down there about next Wednesday for a couple weeks,I've got 6-8 cars to do yearly check out and service on the Treasure Coast from Daytona to Ft Lickerdale and then I'll be cruising the state seeing some of my friends,Tracy at at Rev-Extreme (Bradenton) RevXtreme - High-Performance Parts, Service, Installation, & Tuning. ,Greg and Rushell at Anti-Venom (Seffner)AntiVenom , MM-C5 and about 300,000 other people!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
What a winter vacation,Might even get my car on a Dyno!!:thumb :D

Bought a spark tester... No spark at coil. Pulled the ICM and brought it to Advanced Auto to have it tested -- it took 2 stores and 5 "technicians" to find someone that knew how to operate the machine, but it tested okay, so I bought a coil.

The shop that looked at it originally wanted to replace the opti and charge me $1000+ for the parts and labor. I asked if they'd checked the coil and ICM... got a blank stare followed by "Oh, on these Corvettes, the coil and everything's contained in the distributor, and you have to raise the engine and pull the harmonic balancer to get to it." I politely thanked them and pushed it back home. $22 and 2 hours later she runs like a champ. Can't wait to drive past their open bays on Monday.
Another Opti saved through troubleshooting! You guys rule! :beerTHANKS!!

-John

Another Opti saved through troubleshooting! You guys rule! :beerTHANKS!!

-John
There are $1000's and $1000's spent each year on Half A$$ed parts changers calling them selves Technicians that really don't know what their doing!!:L:L:L

Glad to hear we helped,Thats what these forums are all about!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

NEXT..................:Steer:lou:bu:bu:bu

:pat:thumb :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom